nighttime feeding for one year old??

Has anyone done this?? It seems that the day a baby turns a year old everything has to change according to a lot of people....my baby has been nursing at night since she was born. Within the last couple weeks SHE has decided that she is hungry but refuses to nurse....am I just supposed to cut her off just b/c she's a year old?? I have been giving her a bottle. I mean for goodness sakes, she still a baby...a week ago she was 11 months and now just b/c she's a year, she's a TODDLER?? And all these things are bad to do?? I don't get it....shoudn't things be done gradual?? What's it like with your one year old??

calliesmommie

Asked by calliesmommie at 2:08 PM on Aug. 30, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Gradually, my LO started sleeping through the night. I would never wake her to feed her. When I knew she no longer needed to be fed at night because she was getting sufficient calories during the day, I never fed her at night. If she woke up she got love and comfort, but not food. I BF until she was 13 months and she started solids at 6 months. I would be concerned about eating at night because I would think she was more interested in comfort than actual food and that it might cause unnecessary weight gain. Nursing is so comforting to babies - sometimes it is not about the food.

Babies develop at their own pace. You know your baby best. Between you and your doctor, you should be able to determine what is best for your baby at his or her developmental stage. Things don't change overnight, but they do change.
    Drewlove

Answer by Drewlove at 2:17 PM on Aug. 30, 2009

• Oh and she started sleeping through the night - 10 hour stretches at 8 months, by 1 year she was sleeping 12 hours at a time. We co-slept until she was 8 months. She is now 21 months old.

http://www.babycenter.com/0_baby-sleep-training-night-weaning_1505721.bc
    Drewlove

Answer by Drewlove at 2:26 PM on Aug. 30, 2009

• my little one is 15months and she eats sometimes in the middle of the night,im trying to wean her right now,she likes to fight me,tugs at my bra and forces her head toward me(we co sleep)i use a pacifur and it works most of the time,she only gets a pacy at night anyway.i wouldnt worry about what other moms are doing,your baby your way.
    angelairelan

Answer by angelairelan at 3:07 PM on Aug. 30, 2009