What kind of mini-van do you have??

What kind? Year? How's gas? Do you like it?

Thanks!

Kam06

Asked by Kam06 at 2:18 PM on Aug. 30, 2009 in Shopping

• I have a 2005 kia sedona....I was dragged to the dealership kicking and screaming by my husband. I did not and still do not want a mini van but it is great for what it is. Kia Sedonas are rated very well overall and are extremely safe. Gas mileage is poor but any basic minivan that is not built to be energy efficient (i.e. flex fuel, hybrid) are going to use a lot of gas no matter what. They are offered with all of the amenities that the more expensive counterparts offer and are still more affordable. Overall I just wanted a reliable, safe vehicle to carry around my children. It is extremely comfortable but I still am ready to go back to a station wagon....but that is not what you asked...sorry to stray.
    lucysmomrocks

Answer by lucysmomrocks at 2:33 PM on Aug. 30, 2009

• We have a Honda Oddssy...which is the best value on the mini van market.
    ocsosomom

Answer by ocsosomom at 2:55 PM on Aug. 30, 2009

• 2002 Chrysler Town and Country. I LOVE IT! Not to mention it is paid for!
    Rebecca727

Answer by Rebecca727 at 3:09 PM on Aug. 30, 2009

• We have a 2008 Toyota Sienna. Handicapped accessible & it gets great mileage. Believe me, we have had lots of trips to Children's Hospital (about 70+ miles away) & really needed something extremely dependable.
    TJSMOM91804

Answer by TJSMOM91804 at 3:10 PM on Aug. 30, 2009

• My hubby and I each have a Plymouth Voyager, mine a '99 and his is a '98. They're very comfortable, we really like them. They're not bad on gas, not great, but not terrible. Hubby's company had a Kia Sedona (not sure of the year probably about an '02 - '05) and it is so bad on gas, and really uncomfortable. Next van we get, I want it to have separate climate controls for the back, still the dual sliding doors, captains chairs in the second row rather than a bench. Those are the big things I'll be looking for.
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 3:16 PM on Aug. 30, 2009

• 200 caravan. piece of CRAP! on its 2nd transmission, 2nd set of power windows, 5th power steering pumps....

crappy on gas and its about to die again (transmission is making its trademark "I'm gonna DIE" noises like the last 2 times).

but I love it for the space and seating.

hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 3:22 PM on Aug. 30, 2009

• 1996 Dodge carravan...It sucks b/c we dont have air in it right now..but it gets me were i need to be...so i still thank god for it...
    2lilmom

Answer by 2lilmom at 4:51 PM on Aug. 30, 2009

• Honda Oddysey...fully loaded. I freakin' LOVE it! They aren't cheap though...cost us $38K (only feature we didn't get was the navigation system but only because it wasn't in the mini-van we wanted).
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:24 PM on Aug. 30, 2009

• 2005 Town and Country Limited--We absolutely love it! After this, we'll never buy anything without stow and go seating again!
    wikem81

Answer by wikem81 at 7:57 PM on Aug. 30, 2009

• I think I'm the only Mom in my town that doesn't drive a mini-van! :)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:29 PM on Aug. 30, 2009