What was your new life like after divorce? Lonely? Difficult? How did you get back into a single type of lifestyle?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:00 PM on Aug. 30, 2009 in Relationships

• Yeah it was lonely but I had 3 kids to keep me busy. I met friends through them (parents of their friends, or at their school or sports events). The key is to get out there and network. Yes it was difficult but now I enjoy being single. There is so much less stress for me.

Answer by admckenzie at 3:16 PM on Aug. 30, 2009

• I was so happy to be out and free (my ex was controlling and verbally abusive), I didn't have time for any other emotions. I went back to school immediately after leaving, and started working in a restaurant night/weekends. So - I met new people at school (including my current husband), and met lots of young,single people at work. Both helped me create a new life. But it wasn't what most people would consider a "single lifestyle" because I had my kids - I still stayed home most nights I wasn't at work, I rarely drank, and I played with my kids. They are the most important thing.
    Yes, it was difficult due to finances, but like I said, I was just so happy to be out . . .

Answer by missanc at 4:49 PM on Aug. 30, 2009

• It was difficult financially for a little bit. I had a lot of bills I had to catch up on since my ex left at a time I wasn't working. Otherwise, I didn't feel lonely at all and did what I could to be a grown up and care for my children.
    officerjoeys

Answer by officerjoeys at 6:34 PM on Aug. 30, 2009