What do you do when your SO says something totally stupid but still hurtful?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:09 PM on Aug. 30, 2009 in Relationships

• kick him in the ballz
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:10 PM on Aug. 30, 2009

• I tell him that what he said was hurtful. Sometimes men are stupid and don't think before they speak

Answer by admckenzie at 3:12 PM on Aug. 30, 2009

• ok, let me say what he said: "I can't believe women on there like to talk about politics/current events, I just didn't know you guys talked about that kind of stuff." but its not what he said but how he said it, it was like hmm that's weird you aren't just talking about cleaning and shopping.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:15 PM on Aug. 30, 2009

• Lol. I usually laugh and then say "Babe, that was really hurtful, you should take it back." Laughing reminds me that he didn't mean to be mean and telling him that it hurt reminds him not to say dumb stuff :p
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 3:25 PM on Aug. 30, 2009

• I'd tell him on the spot that was a stupid assumption to make! I'm not afraid to call my husband out when he says things like that. Fortunately it's a rare occurrence, so a little "dope slap" and he understands! LOL :o)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 4:24 PM on Aug. 30, 2009

• I turn totally sarcastic and not in a nice way. I told my SO "my tooth hurts, I might have to get it pulled." He said "you need to get a job." Oh heeeeeeeeell no!   I said "Lets talk about that gym membership you havent used in a YEAR!"   Conversation OVER.  lol Its funny now but my neck was weaving back and forth as I spoke that day.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:31 PM on Aug. 30, 2009

• My SO says things like that from time to time i usualy just look at him and say somthing like" that was mean be nice" he usually dosent relize that i took it as hurtful. It sounds like maybe he was trying to make a joke and didn't relize that it was hurtful try telling him!
    kat324

Answer by kat324 at 4:44 PM on Aug. 30, 2009

• It depends...most of the time I just ignore him the rest of the day. Occassionally I'll say something mean back or tell him flat out that he is being a jerk.
    officerjoeys

Answer by officerjoeys at 6:32 PM on Aug. 30, 2009