itchy, peeling nipples... what to do for relief?

Can anybody relate? I'm not breastfeeding anymore and since I've stopped, my nipples have been so itchy! And they are peeling like they are too dry or something. Is there anything I can do to get rid of the itchiness and peeling??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:10 PM on Aug. 30, 2009 in Pregnancy

• um maybe some lanolin
    Apr1l

Answer by Apr1l at 3:12 PM on Aug. 30, 2009

• You may have a yeast infection.
    mom2boys1997

Answer by mom2boys1997 at 3:24 PM on Aug. 30, 2009

• try lanolin. if that doesn't work, and you run a fever and they get red and painful, call your dr. cool showers or compresses may also help. are you still lactating? sometimes letting a little bm dry on them helps
    preacherskid

Answer by preacherskid at 5:58 PM on Aug. 30, 2009

• Sounds like a yeast infection. Lotrimin for 7 to 24 days, at least 4 times a day should help
    momx3gx1b

Answer by momx3gx1b at 11:56 PM on Aug. 30, 2009

• I'm fairly early in my pregnancy and already experiencing itchy, dry, cracked nipples. It sucks! Nipple cream is the only thing that seems to help me. I use Lansinoh (in the purple tube). I got it at Target but you can get it in many other places, Babies R Us for one. I tried it because it got great ratings online. It's really thick and a little greasy but it really does help!
    Court128

Answer by Court128 at 3:02 AM on Aug. 31, 2009

• And yes it could also be a yeast infection.
    Court128

Answer by Court128 at 3:04 AM on Aug. 31, 2009