Post perineal pain?

So, i tore during my deilivery and i was wondering if any of you ladies have experienced any infections after wards. I think that the stitches have disolved but right down where the top of the stitches are..its really really red. It doesnt hurt..but it looks as if its not closing..its still kinda open..on the outside..is this normal? Is it still healing or should i make an appointment with the OB to get it checked.. I was just kinda wondering if this is part of the healing process? Like i said..its red..i dont know if its turned that way..so that it can heal and come together..its been five weeks since the delivery..im just nervous.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:24 PM on Aug. 30, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Infection can be serious. If it's infected it will be very red and swollen and it will feel hot to the touch and itchy. It may also ooze or pus. At 5 weeks it could be a little red and swollen still, but the pain should be receeding, the redness fading. If it's re-opening that is also a sign of infection. If you have signs of infection then I'd see a doctor. If not then wait til your 6 week appt and ask about it.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 3:39 PM on Aug. 30, 2009

• It doesnt hurt..it looks like i dunno how to explain it..its not re-opening it hasnt even closeed yet..and i dont have an appointment till 8 weeks
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:42 PM on Aug. 30, 2009

• If you are at all worried make an appointment to see the OB. He won't think anything bad about you for it. But an infection down there could kill you. So if you don't think it looks right go to the doctor. But just for a refrence all of my tears were closed by about three weeks except the one that did get infected and fall back open. Just so you know though if it is infected it will not get sewn back together.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:17 PM on Aug. 30, 2009

• If it is in fact infected though..they will take care of it obviously..im not saying it went back open..it hasnt even gotton a chance to really heal. From what the nurse told me i had a third degree or second degree tear. So, i mean..after the infection is gone (if there is one) will it go back together?!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:27 PM on Aug. 30, 2009

• No 6 week appointment??
    You should be sure to clean it well & often in case it's getting infected. It might be. Yes, see the doctor just in case. It could get painful!! :-(

I tore and never had any stitches, the healing was long and painful~ I hope you don't have any discomfort like that.
    Good luck!
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 7:58 PM on Aug. 30, 2009

• nooo...it doesnt hurt..its like the color of the inside of your cheek..like it turned that way so that the skin could go back together..and heal..thats the best way to explain it. But, it doesnt hurt...and i know i thought it was wierd that i didnt have a 6 week appointment..but thatsd the military docs for yah.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:13 PM on Aug. 30, 2009