over due im 40 weeks and 3 days..

how do i motivate myself to do a good amount of walking when i dont have no1 to walk with and what do these little cramps mean?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:25 PM on Aug. 30, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I just told myself the more I walked the quicker my DD would get here, and I walked A TON off that motivation, plus when I got home I was loosing huge amounts of mucus plug so that motivated me to go out and walk even more.
    Mikayla_lynn

Answer by Mikayla_lynn at 3:31 PM on Aug. 30, 2009

• Actually, you're not REALLY overdue until you're after 42 weeks. And sex is a better labor stimulator than walking ;)
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 3:32 PM on Aug. 30, 2009

• I assume since she has no one to wallk with, she probably doesnt have someone to have sex with?
    I would go for a walk with u....but I'm far away!
    JnCV

Answer by JnCV at 3:54 PM on Aug. 30, 2009

• When I was trying to bring on labor, my midwife told me to drink red raspberry leaf tea and have sex. I also tried to get out and walk too, I didnt want to walk outside, so I didnt do that a lot, but I walked in the mall.
    dakajazz23

Answer by dakajazz23 at 4:30 PM on Aug. 30, 2009

• Walking doesnt work until you are in an off contraction pattern (like 20 minutes apart) so personally, I wouldnt bother with walking!! You are better off to play with yourself and have the Big-O that causes uterine tightening which can lead to contractions. walking is pointless if you arent contracting

Cramping is normal towards the end of pregnancy, its what your body does to help you efface but doesnt mean you are in labor or that labor is near
    Jaydin_Makenna

Answer by Jaydin_Makenna at 4:54 PM on Aug. 30, 2009

• the little cramps could be small contractions, or it could be things stretching as you baby is beginning to drop. Drink lots of water, and maybe do smaller walks throughout the day, like make a trip around the block when you go out to get the mail, or go to the mall, then it's more like shopping ;] Or have sex. That's definitely a good one too lol.

You aren't technically overdue yet, so just be patient and enjoy your rest.
    bltcahill

Answer by bltcahill at 4:55 PM on Aug. 30, 2009

• Not "over" due, mama, not for a while yet. ;-)
    If you really don'tfeel like walking and want to exercise,maybe something like swimming would be more appealing. No reason to make yourself unhappy.
    Walking is great for you, as long as you enjoy it! :-)

doulala

Answer by doulala at 4:55 PM on Aug. 30, 2009

• You aren't "overdue" until at LEAST the completion of the 42nd week. Some women just gestate longer.
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 6:26 PM on Aug. 30, 2009

• i think she gets the point that shes not over due....how bout actually answering her question
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:31 PM on Aug. 30, 2009