My almost 4yr. old does the #1 outside.....

My son will open the back door and let it fly.... I'm happy we don't use pull ups , but how do I brake this .... LOL.... If he uses the restroom the floor is wet. He only does this at home.....

goldielock37

Asked by goldielock37 at 3:36 PM on Aug. 30, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• HE SHOULD KNOW THAT THIS KIND OF BEHAVIOUR IS ONLY TOLERATED IN EMERGENCIES AND TELL HIM ONLY ANIMALS DO THIS, AND HE IS HUMAN. PUT A TARGET IN THE TOILET SEAT FOR HIM TO AIM FOR MAKE IT A GAME, IT MIGHT ELIMINATE THE FLOOR WETNESS. GOOD LUCK!

Answer by older at 3:47 PM on Aug. 30, 2009

• MY SON IS THE SAME AGE AND DOES THE SAME THING. HE GOES OUT TO THE BACKYARD TO PEE AND PEES IN THE BATHROOM TRASH CANS AND ALL OVER THE TOILET AND FLOOR. i HAVE TRIED PUNISHING HIM, EXPLAINING IT NICELY, HAVING HIM PEE IN THE TOILET WITH DADDY. BUT HE STILL DOES IT. HE EVEN PEED ON A TREE AT THE PARK ONCE..MAYBE IT'S JUST A PHASE AND THEY WILL GET OVER IT. SORRY I AM NOT MUCH HELP.
    vanessabrown

Answer by vanessabrown at 5:54 PM on Aug. 30, 2009

• I hope they do, lol, My son is 4 and he is always peeing on a tree, no matter what me or his dad have to say about it. One day we were on a road trip and our son said he had to pee so we went to a "wayside rest" area off the highway. As soon as I got my son released from his car seat he heads for a tree!!! I told him there was a potty in the building and only dogs pee on those tree's! UGGHH!!
    It must be chalked up to TESTOSTERONE! They are boys!! lol
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 2:32 AM on Aug. 31, 2009

• boys will be boys
    mcqueenmom

Answer by mcqueenmom at 2:56 AM on Aug. 31, 2009

• My boys know that peeing outside is for emergency only. My one son can't do it at all, (poor guy) thankfully mom and sister can't pee outside either. Maybe start him out peeing in the shower or tub til his aim is better. What worked for my boys was putting a few Cheerio in the back of the toilet bowl and telling them to sink the rings. Or we used red fruit loops and told then they had to put out the fire.

LadybugsMonkeys

Answer by LadybugsMonkeys at 3:29 AM on Aug. 31, 2009