What is your religion and what is the best way to learn about it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:41 PM on Aug. 30, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I dont have a religion I have a relationship with Jesus Christ and the best way to learn about him  is the HOLY BIBLE

hinson7169

Answer by hinson7169 at 3:43 PM on Aug. 30, 2009

• well put hinson7169
    looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 3:48 PM on Aug. 30, 2009

• I have 2 religions. The best way to learn about them is to go to the church associated and learn.
    EireLass

Answer by EireLass at 3:50 PM on Aug. 30, 2009

• Sometimes I wonder if you get to decide for yourself what the bible says and decide for yourself who Jesus is and what he wants or likes - are you really having a relationship with Jesus or are you having a relationship with yourself? And if you can only learn about Jesus in the bible and everyone disagrees with what the bible teaches - then how can you know that you're actually getting to know who Jesus is?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:54 PM on Aug. 30, 2009

• I am Catholic, I think the best way to learn about my religion is get books, ask questions and attend classes. RCIA classes, are in my opinon, merely a tool. to learn but certainly not a complete way.
    Kattykitten

Answer by Kattykitten at 4:07 PM on Aug. 30, 2009

• Satanist.... www.churchofsatan.com
    metalcowgirl34

Answer by metalcowgirl34 at 4:12 PM on Aug. 30, 2009

• I don't have a religion...and what I do believe in is in my heart. My heart leads me in all that I do and all that I need to learn.
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 4:20 PM on Aug. 30, 2009

• Im IndoWiccan.
    Best way to learn is to read various books on the subjects of Buddhism, Hinduism, and Wicca by authors who actually practice those religions or by reading books that are pretty neutral in their teachings.
    I like those Idiot Guides because they give you the information in terms anyone can understand but dont push one direction or the other.

Another book I like is Wicca:Guide to the Solitary Practitioner by Scott Cunningham and the Essentials of Hinduism by Swami Bhaskarananda are all books Ive read and gained a great deal of knowledge through.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 4:22 PM on Aug. 30, 2009

• I think the best way to learn about any religion is to read the holy texts, the writings of theologians, comparative mythology that includes that religions myths, criticisms of the religion, and to talk to people who practice it or study it. Every step of the way contemplating how you feel about what you are reading/hearing & articulating what your thoughts & opinions are after considering it.
    nysa00

Answer by nysa00 at 4:24 PM on Aug. 30, 2009

• I am an Eclectic Pagan Witch with a strong leaning towards Norse Pagan mixed with Wiccan traditions.
    The best way to learn is to find a coven. Unfortunately, many people do not have the luxury of being able to find a coven near them. so the next best thing is to look online for all credible sources and hit up your local library or book store for books about Witchcraft and Paganism.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 4:26 PM on Aug. 30, 2009