My 10 month old opens and closes his hands when excited or upset, does anyone have a normal child without autism do this?

Also my 3 1/2 yearh old did this as well and she is not autistic. SO you are probably wondering why I am asking well I just saw a video of a little boy who was doing this and everyone was quick to say he had autism. My son is as social as can be!!! Just looking for some others that did this when they were happy!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:12 PM on Aug. 30, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Of course! many kids do that. If she is social and verbal (i know she isnt talking yet but i'm sure she babbles) then dont worry about it.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 4:22 PM on Aug. 30, 2009

• Yes he is very social and he does babble a ton. I just got annoyed because a woman that has an autistic son said oh my autistic son does that.

Like I said my daughter did that too and she is fine but I hate when people say that. Of course he is a boy so I am more aware of autism and watching for the signs!!

I just wanted to hear other say their kiddos did it and are neurotypical!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:30 PM on Aug. 30, 2009

• Anyone else?
    morrisonkm9

Answer by morrisonkm9 at 6:03 PM on Aug. 30, 2009

• normal kids do it, not just those with autism

Answer by admckenzie at 7:22 PM on Aug. 30, 2009

• My 11 month-old does the exact same thing when he gets happy, I wouldn't worry about it!
    emnasmom

Answer by emnasmom at 8:11 PM on Aug. 30, 2009

• Thanks everyone!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:17 PM on Aug. 30, 2009

• yeah she also shakes her head back and forth its so cute
    tarja

Answer by tarja at 12:01 AM on Aug. 31, 2009