I thought it was 2013?

I thought the H.R. 3200 if passed would not take effect till 2013 but read this today. Am I missing something?

SEC. 2503. EFFECTIVE DATE.

(a) In General- The amendments made by this subtitle shall take effect on July 1, 2010, and shall apply to drugs dispensed on or after such date.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:45 PM on Aug. 30, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Hello? Any one??? I am confuzicated!

Oh if you are wondering confuzicated = confused over something complicated. lmao!

OP
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:06 PM on Aug. 30, 2009

• Well, Obama wants the cedit for healthcare reform for the 2012 election. But people won't see how bad it sucks till ge already used it for the election.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 5:16 PM on Aug. 30, 2009

• *credit *he's
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 5:20 PM on Aug. 30, 2009

• It will take that long to set everything up, you know. .
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 5:24 PM on Aug. 30, 2009

_________
    That is why I heard everyone say it wasn't effective toll 2013 but I was re-reading some provisions in the bill and saw that they changed it to 2010 not 2013. Why would they move up the effective date?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:27 PM on Aug. 30, 2009

• till**
    Anonymous

• The answer is so simple you girls missed it. We are used to looking for the itty bitty nitty gritty.

Force through now using ANY means necessary.
    Implement next summer...BEFORE midterm elections.
    Nearly IMPOSSIBLE to repeal something that complex that has already been implemented.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 6:03 PM on Aug. 30, 2009

• That's right...we've got to hurry up before 2013 gets here! You see, Obama and the Democratic lead House and Senate KNOW that they have a small window of opportunity to rush through everything they want before the 2010 elections, when they will then ALL become lame ducks as the Republicans will once again be in control, and will put a stop to all of this craziness.

Liberal Democrats are behaving like kids in a candy store with a limitless credit card.

The GOOD thing is, the majority of the $787 Billion stimulus package will not have been allocated/spent, and can and WILL be reversed with Republicans in charge, and if the Healthcare bill stalls, is rejected, or defeated before the end of this year, it's likely it will not see light of day, as FEW politicians ever stick their necks out in an election year!

Crosses fingers and toes that we can breathe a sigh of relief by Christmas!!!
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 6:48 PM on Aug. 30, 2009

• Oh now I see it. Thanks ladies. I was lost for a minute.
    OP
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:59 PM on Aug. 30, 2009

• Don't worry, the world is ending in 2012 in December .... LOL
    sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 9:53 PM on Aug. 30, 2009