Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I just need help

I am a single mother still living with parents, finished college but can not get my degree... I don't have a job, being I am a substitute teacher, and have been applying to other places... I just want someone who can aide a helping hand and a few words of wisdom so I feel better... I think I have gotten myself into a huge predicament and don't know how to get out of it...

Is it good to have your children top of you 24hrs a day, watching all they want, doing everything they want? I feel seriously choked up, get my daily rounds of what a bad person I am, get my daily rounds of getting yelled at, have someone in my life that seems to not want to be there when I am down and don't know how to get out of it...

Please is there anyone out there whom I can speak to, does someone out there know how I can get a little bit of money???

Answer Question

Asked by delune21 at 4:57 PM on Aug. 30, 2009 in Relationships

Level 1 (0 Credits)
Answers (4)
  • Public assistance....time to move out.

    Answer by EireLass at 5:08 PM on Aug. 30, 2009

  • yep, sign up for govt housing and get child support and all PA offers. Their goal is to get you off of assistance so they help you get a job as well. How can you have finished college but not have gotten your degree? I don't understand that. I'm not bashing, just curious. My dd has all her credits but never took the CLAST test so they didn't give her the degree but her's was only an AA...or AS I forget which.

    Answer by admckenzie at 5:13 PM on Aug. 30, 2009

  • p.s. also look into

    Answer by admckenzie at 5:14 PM on Aug. 30, 2009

  • First of all take one thing at a time.
    Go sign up for hud or section 8 or whatever its called in your county. They will give you a place based on your income and if you dont work you can ususally not pay any rent at all.
    then worry about getting a job. If you cant get your degree due to fees or money you owe or you need to take a test focus on that. Wia can help you get to work after you complete your degree.
    And all the while sign up for food stamps. There is a place called community action partnership that helps with gas vouchers. Theres a place called angel food ministry that gives you like 2 weeks of food for like 30 - 40 dollars. Times will be tough and yes your kids will drive you crazy but in time you can be self sufficient.
    Remember take it one thing at a time!

    Answer by SaturnsMom at 6:41 PM on Aug. 30, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.