Do any of you ladies shave your boys heads?

My boys are 3, 5, and 12. I have shaved their heads since they were infants. I've even learned to do flat-top crew-cuts! That's for the winter, though. In summer I use an Oster clipper with a number 1 blade to shave it down to 1/8 inch stubble all over. It looks so neat and well-groomed! So easy to care for, too!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:59 PM on Aug. 30, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Well I'm a hairdresser so I"ve done my kids hair since they've had to have cuts done. I think I have only shaved ds's hair once, I like it with more style than the shaved look though so I will usually do a #3 around the sides and the back and cut the top with scissors... all depends on my mood though, and I"m lucky he lets me do what I like, and he sits still too!
    minimo77

Answer by minimo77 at 5:45 PM on Aug. 30, 2009

• i do "shave" my sons hair BUT not with a 1/8 inch #1 gaurd. Im more for the 5/8 #4 gaurd.
    My son is mixed and his hair grows so fast. I would never be able to afford 10.99 every month.
    Hair clippers are a godsend. Oh and if you think 1/8 is a nice length for your boys thats fine.
    I dont think anyone would think they were trying to be future skinheands or anything.
    At least you use a guard twice i have to shave ds' hair to the scalp because he decided to give himself a cut and once he got headlice (yuck i know)
    SaturnsMom

Answer by SaturnsMom at 5:59 PM on Aug. 30, 2009

• My dh does my son's - I'm too scared he would move!

Answer by missanc at 6:16 PM on Aug. 30, 2009

• I buzz my son's hair. Bought clippers when he was about 2 and have done his hair pretty much since then (he went to the barber last time because my dad took him and paid for it).
    I don't go 1/8", though. It looks silly on his big head. In the summer I usually do 1/2" or so and in the winter I keep the top at 7/8" and the back shorter. As long as he doesn't move I can get it too look pretty good. If he moves it all comes off, lol. He's almost 8 and thinking of growing it out again this year. When he was 5 he grew it out to his shoulders and looked so cute.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 6:22 PM on Aug. 30, 2009

• No i dont do it myself i take my boy to the hair place. Well the hubby does. Thats one of their many
    daddy son day activities
    MommyTurtle1985

Answer by MommyTurtle1985 at 7:00 PM on Aug. 30, 2009

• I don't do it b/c I can't draw or cut a straight line to save my life and am to scared of messing up his hair. but my mom always did my brothers.
    MamiJaAyla

Answer by MamiJaAyla at 7:20 PM on Aug. 30, 2009

• I've done my son since he was alittle over 2 years old.. I seen no reason to pay $15-20 for something that I can do just as well if not better (Most every place I took him screwed his hair up)
    KalebsMommee

Answer by KalebsMommee at 7:56 PM on Aug. 30, 2009

• No, because I can't stand shaved heads and crew cut stubble. Fortunately, this is not a look my son has ever been interested in sporting.

But I also agree with not forking out for haircuts/styling when you can do it yourself.
    roachiesmom

Answer by roachiesmom at 8:32 PM on Aug. 30, 2009

• We have been buzzing all our sons hair since about 2 yrs of age. It looks really good on my boys. When its long they look like little girls. I don't think boys should have long hair like girls but to each their own. My dh buzzed our daughters hair once bc she asked him to(she was like 2 and a half). She looked like GI Jane.
    crazymom21

Answer by crazymom21 at 11:12 PM on Aug. 30, 2009

• i dont have a boy..but if i did, he would have a shaved head from the time he was born til he wanted change
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 1:30 AM on Aug. 31, 2009