im trying to do it by myself

ok I have ate pineapple, spicey food and licorice today, and I plan on going for a walk later...what are my chances that I will at least STRAT dialating or anything?!

p.s
Im 39 weeks pregnant and if my baby doesnt come on its own I will have a c-seaction b/c she still hasnt turned into the "right" position

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:01 PM on Aug. 30, 2009 in Pregnancy

• OP, if she has already dropped and is butt first, try talking to your doc about options to possible turn her. If you cannot turn her, your doc may want to to a C sec
    sweetmoonem

Answer by sweetmoonem at 6:50 PM on Aug. 30, 2009

• If she's not in the right position dialating wont help...sorry
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:04 PM on Aug. 30, 2009

• well i thought that there is always a chance that if you go into labor the baby will turn,isnt that true?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:05 PM on Aug. 30, 2009

• i havent heard that. if you go into labor and she is not in the right position they will either give you a csection, turn her themselfs (can you say ow!), or she will be born breach.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:08 PM on Aug. 30, 2009

• ahhh...errr...
    she is such a hard head!!! lol
    she needs to get into the right positon
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:12 PM on Aug. 30, 2009

• GO ON ALL 4!! it works sometimes www.spinningbabies.com
    they show you good ways to make the baby go headdown. also put a bag of frozen peas where her head is, shine a flashlight. good luck
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 5:13 PM on Aug. 30, 2009

• I ate pinapple like crazy... and drank like a pitcher or red raseberry leaf tea a day (brewed it and made ice tea with it, sweetened with honey) ( I swear by it... had my dd at 38 weeks and pushed her out in like ten minutes... it helps strengthen your pelvic floor and can bring on and make stronger your contractions).... also try eggplant! I made egg plant parm... yummy! it has a similar chemical in it that helps dialate, like the pinapple
    marchma2b

Answer by marchma2b at 5:38 PM on Aug. 30, 2009

• Is your baby in a breech position with feet down instead of head down? If your baby isn't in the right position, home remedies for bringing on labor may work, may not work, but if they bring on labor, there is no guarantee that she will turn in the right position for vaginal delivery. Walking and sex are the most effective ways to self-induce labor. Have you tried sex? There are substances in semen that help bring on contractions. Sex is sometimes very effective. If your baby doesn't turn head-down and your doctor tries to turn her but can't, you may be facing a C-section if your doc doesn't want to try a vag delivery.
    sweetmoonem

Answer by sweetmoonem at 5:53 PM on Aug. 30, 2009

• Not all women dilate UNTIL labor.
    There are babies who don't turn until the last moments of labor.
    Last, you are 39 weeks. The average for human gestation lies between 37 and 42 weeks. The rare lower limit being 36 weeks and the rare higher limite is 43. You've got PLENTY of time. You have the right to REFUSE.

Go to www.spinningbabies.com for tips on encouraging your baby to move to a favorable position.

There is NO reason they should section you without a trial of labor first. You don't have to do anything they say. It is ALWAYS your choice by LAW. Don't let them bully you. Know your rights. You don't even have to sign the consent papers they give you as is, you can write your own and sign it to be sure you get consulted and have to give verbal permission.
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 5:55 PM on Aug. 30, 2009

• Try putting s pillow under your behind and keep your back side up as far as you can. Sometimes the baby will crawl and get in the correct heads down position. This does not always work,and do not fear a c-section, if you really need one. Your baby's well being is the most important thing

mom2boys1997

Answer by mom2boys1997 at 6:15 PM on Aug. 30, 2009