Do any of you ladies shave your boys heads?

My boys are 3, 5, and 12. I have shaved their heads since they were infants. I've even learned to do flat-top crew-cuts! That's for the winter, though. In summer I use an Oster clipper with a number 1 blade to shave it down to 1/8 inch stubble all over. It looks so neat and well-groomed! So easy to care for, too!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:01 PM on Aug. 30, 2009 in Teens (13-17)

• i wont lie.... my entire family feels AWFUL for the buzz cut boys we see around.

hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 5:04 PM on Aug. 30, 2009

• i shave my sons head too otherwise he has the worst cowlicks. it makes his hair stand up, frizz, and then knot up in the back. i tried everything else and i couldnt do anything with it so i shaved it off. lol. btw he is almost 3 in november.
    SThompson21

Answer by SThompson21 at 5:06 PM on Aug. 30, 2009

• why would you feel aweful? is there something wrong with it that im missing?
    SThompson21

• I feel like just because my son Blake is a boy doesn't mean he doesn't deserve hair. I'd never lop off his sisters hair just because I was tired of combing out tangles.

I must say though keeping it cute looking and neat is both tiresome and VERY expensive. I goto the cheapest hair place with a coupon I can find and with a little tip it's still at least $12, sometimes more.... and if I want it to look REALLY nice it's every 6-8 weeks. It's an investment.... but then I look at Britney Spears 2 little boys who a month ago had lovely shiny hair and now are sporting buzz cuts and look like shorn sheep.... it makes me cringe. It just doesn't look good on them, at all. Nor would it on my son (ears!) but I guess on some people it can look good.... maybe. And with 3 sons like you, that's like nearly $250 a year on their haircuts if you DIDN'T do it at home. I can understand that.
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 5:09 PM on Aug. 30, 2009

• No, I don't. Shaved heads are ok on some boys, but I prefer medium length hair for them. I don't think that "crew cuts" are very attractive, no offence. I like hair. My mother is a cosmetologist, so we aren't too lazy to "deal with the tangles" and whatnot. I'm not bashing anyone for shaving heads, I just don't.
    monica_0017

Answer by monica_0017 at 5:12 PM on Aug. 30, 2009

• My boys always have hair. Otherwise, I think of lice.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:13 PM on Aug. 30, 2009

• i can understand what you mean. with my son, its better for us to cut his hair the way we do. he seems to like his hair cut short (he is not bald-its actually pretty long for a buzz), i can do it at home so it saves us money, and it looks good on him.
    SThompson21

Answer by SThompson21 at 5:13 PM on Aug. 30, 2009

• can i ask a question without starting drama-i keep seeing a reference to tangles in each response. did i give the impression that i didnt want to deal with tangles and shaved his head because im lazy? if i gave anyone that impression, i want it understood that i would wake up, wash his hair, brush his hair, put him in the car, get to where i had to go, and it was tangled all over again. his hair was so bad that it looked like i had never brushed it when in actuality i would have brushed it several times a day.
    SThompson21

Answer by SThompson21 at 5:16 PM on Aug. 30, 2009

• I cut my sons hair ever summer and let it grow through out the year. Shaving his hair relieves heat that it trapped under the long hair, it gets really humid in oklahoma in the summer. My son also wears hats ALL the time so the less hair the less heat under that hat. He didnt mind up until this yr so from now on im going to have to give him a choice on the matter.
    momie_of_munch2

Answer by momie_of_munch2 at 5:57 PM on Aug. 30, 2009

• Yep, they are not mirror hogs and just want to dress and go.  It is the easiest hair cut for them to care for.

mom2boys1997

Answer by mom2boys1997 at 6:21 PM on Aug. 30, 2009