what do u plan for winter, like when u cannot take your kids outside anymore?

hibbingmom

Asked by hibbingmom at 5:19 PM on Aug. 30, 2009 in Just for Fun

• oh FYI inup in the northern tier like MN and ND they DO NOT CANCEL SCHOOL FOR NOTHING unless i think the windchill hits -80
    ssnelson26

Answer by ssnelson26 at 9:55 PM on Aug. 30, 2009

• this will be our 1st winter in northern minnesota and frankly I am terrified. 24 hours every single day for 3+ months.... in this house. Let's be fair and say there will be like 5 days total (dreaming here!) we can safely go sledding or make snow angels.

How do you keep morale high and tantrums low in the winter?
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 5:21 PM on Aug. 30, 2009

• in arizona it doesnt snow down here in the valley and stuff, it gets chilly but not freezing.. im not too worried about it...
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 5:22 PM on Aug. 30, 2009

• Um we have TV, XBOX, Wii and the kids are in school lol
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 5:24 PM on Aug. 30, 2009

• I'm in Az too, we live for the winter. We are outside all the time then. Here it's the summers that kill us, unless we are swimming otherwise we are inside to hot to play outside
    abellvalerie

Answer by abellvalerie at 5:25 PM on Aug. 30, 2009

• School breaks up the day. If they have snow days we make hot cocoa, play in the snow, do a puzzle, play playstation, board games, cards, watch movies, or they just play in their rooms..I love snow days, we sleep late, I make a big pot of chili and we enjoy our time together.
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 5:36 PM on Aug. 30, 2009

• Take your kids to the library, a children's museum, do fun winter crafts like make Christmas decorations, bake cookies, make cocoa, popcorn and a movie, play dress up in mommy and daddy's clothes...hope this helps :)
    vanessabrown

Answer by vanessabrown at 5:45 PM on Aug. 30, 2009

• puzzles, books, board games, CHORES (lol), clay/playdough, forts, ...and of course a little TV here and there.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 5:47 PM on Aug. 30, 2009

• oh yes. the library. we do that a lot too. They do readings for the LO's 3 days a week and on Friday's after the reading they have a puppet show!
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 5:48 PM on Aug. 30, 2009

• I may let my son play in the snow. I worry too. He's an ourdoor kind of guy. He cries if he stays in for too long.
    LaurenKaye29

Answer by LaurenKaye29 at 6:03 PM on Aug. 30, 2009