I've been waiting all Summer to ask u guys this.... hospital?

I wanted to wait another few weeks til Summer is OFFICIALLY over but am gonna cheat. How many injuries did your kids have over the course of the Summer months? Broken bones? Stitches? ER trip? Urgent care?

hibbingmom

Asked by hibbingmom at 5:22 PM on Aug. 30, 2009 in Kids' Health

• I don't know if you would "count" either of these, but -

My ds went to the hospital because he was in a car accident (he was in the car with his gf and her mom, who was driving, when they were rear ended). But, it was right before school let out - like the day after Memorial day.

Then, just this weekend, we took him in because he had a concussion from playing football. They had their first High School game of the season on Friday, so it was sort of school related, but school didn't start until today, so technically it was still summer break.

Our dd - no trips.

Not too bad for 2 active teens, considering we went to a pro sports game, drove down the coast of Oregon, went to the S.D. zoo, Seaworld, Magic Mntn, visited family, went to a few National Parks, and moved from WA to Japan, so having those be the only injuries /mishaps they've had is pretty good.

sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 1:31 AM on Aug. 31, 2009

• None
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 5:24 PM on Aug. 30, 2009

• My kids both had a couple bandaids but mostly for decorative purposes ... and an eczema flare up from too much swimming. I was certain on more than 1 occasion there was a cast in our near future. But it looks like we made it... I feel triumphant.

The Summers I was 5 - 6 - 7- & 8 I broke a bone each Summer. Left leg following by left arm followed by right arm followed by right leg.

I did have 2 ER visits and I brief hosp. stay this Summer in june & July but that was me, though. 1 with my DH and 1 in ambulance which I guess went well, I don't remember... they sedated me as soon as they took my vitals. (cluster migraines... also called "suicide migraines"... SO much fun)

hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 5:26 PM on Aug. 30, 2009

• my kids only do ER visits during school months for some reason, summers they never get hurt
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 5:32 PM on Aug. 30, 2009

• None.
    and hopefully i'll never encounter that. lol my mom raised all 4 of us by herself and NONE of us ever broke a bone.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 5:44 PM on Aug. 30, 2009

• none, my four year old did fall here and there but he always come to me to kiss it better
    looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 5:49 PM on Aug. 30, 2009

• This summer, NONE!!! I probably just jinxed it though. I am knocking on wood now. LOL!!!

Answer by tyfry7496 at 6:05 PM on Aug. 30, 2009

• none! but we have had a ton of scraped up knees, shins and elbows!
    Bjoycassell

Answer by Bjoycassell at 6:44 PM on Aug. 30, 2009

• My son is asthmatic and has chronic respiratory complications and so his health knows no season! He was in 3 times since May, and had a separate direct admit hospitalization by his specialist. His sister had one ER visit where she was cultured for the Swine Flu
    Jaydin_Makenna

Answer by Jaydin_Makenna at 8:29 PM on Aug. 30, 2009

• bruises MANY

broken bones....just mommy. lol.

hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 12:40 AM on Aug. 31, 2009