What kind of change did you have in mind?

Last night at a get together, some were expressing their disappointment in Obama. They had voted for him, but were not happy. When I asked why they voted, the all said they were looking for change, but really had no answer to what type of change they wanted. SO- if you voted (or did not) for Obama, what kind of change were you hoping for and has it happened or is it in the works?

wildboyz1994

Asked by wildboyz1994 at 6:04 PM on Aug. 30, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I was hoping to change to a Democratic President, and I got it!
    stacymomof2

Answer by stacymomof2 at 9:15 PM on Aug. 30, 2009

• True universal health care, real government transparency, exchange war fighting with diplomacy, education reform
    momandvet

Answer by momandvet at 6:13 PM on Aug. 30, 2009

• There was never any change to consider. It was just a monicer for the campaign. If I could have asked for change, it would have been to get rid of more entitlement programs, find a way to curb the enormous amount of graft, and pass rules of order to make it impossible for the pork to be in the bills. I now want to add to my old list - no bill can be more than 10 pages. If you can't say what you need to in 10 pages, you are trying to say too much.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 6:14 PM on Aug. 30, 2009

• Oh Sweetie... Change cannot happen overnight. Who I voted for has no importance in the way that the United States is heading anyway. Let's imagine that McCain won. Do you think anything would be different? Hell No. Nothing... Notta.. Zippo. Here is why.. The problems have been coming for a long, long time. The reason the election in itself was such a joke, is that let's face it... nothing good can happen right now. With the shape this country is in, ask yourself.. where is the money coming from? Right Medical. Do we have a cure for cancer, or the common cold. You bet your sweet patootie we do... but can we do anything about it? Hell No. This is too big of a money maker. We simply need the money sickness produces in our country. Believe it or not.. I am a member of the medical field. You wouldn't believe what is out there...
    So, No... it just doesn't matter who is in this position...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:14 PM on Aug. 30, 2009

• I <3 Obama
    toledoohiomom

Answer by toledoohiomom at 6:19 PM on Aug. 30, 2009

• They never did have a clue as to what the change would be. Just "HOPE AND CHANGE"
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 6:37 PM on Aug. 30, 2009

• I almost voted for Obama. I loved the idea of change.  It sounded SO good!  Then he picked Joe Biden for a running mate, and I started to doubt him.  Biden is not about change, just more of the same.

I decided against voting for him, and am glad I did.  I would have been very disappointed if I had.

mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 6:45 PM on Aug. 30, 2009

• Wow anon. Most of us can't say with such certainty what the possible future would have been. We don't know what McCain would have done if he had been elected. I do feel rather comfident that mcCain wouldn't have spent more than a trillion dollars in the first 3 months in office. He is more fisically responsible and mature than that. Your stuck-on-one-topic, lock-step, party line speech is really getting old.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 6:57 PM on Aug. 30, 2009

• I was hoping for some sort of healthcare reform, even though I don't like what has been proposed. I liked that he wanted to pull the troops out of Iraq. I can't really remember what else it was at this exact second. But I had my reasons, and I don't have to justify it to anyone.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 7:43 PM on Aug. 30, 2009

• I agree jesse123456.
    Willywonka06

Answer by Willywonka06 at 8:07 PM on Aug. 30, 2009