If you ever had acne (or really pimpley skin), how did you get rid of it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:11 PM on Aug. 30, 2009 in Health

• yes i would like to know too!!!! but i think mine is caused by my bc...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:15 PM on Aug. 30, 2009

• time. in the meantime though, keep your face sparkling clean.
    benjamink

Answer by benjamink at 6:36 PM on Aug. 30, 2009

• I went to the dermatologist and they prescribed an antibiotic pill (erythromicin) when I was a teenager.

Answer by missanc at 6:37 PM on Aug. 30, 2009

• I still get it. It's always worse right before I start my period. I use Avon's Retro active face wash and moisturizer. It works really well especially for the price~! (Unfortunately I've been out for a couple months.) It keeps my face really clear when I use it.
    2murphyboys

Answer by 2murphyboys at 6:53 PM on Aug. 30, 2009

• I mentioned this in another post. My dd had it very badly and I took her to the dermatologist several times and he prescribed her many meds. One made her skin burn and she couldnt even be in the sun at all. My grandmother read an article in a mag about a mom who heard to try Milk of Magnesia (the original kind). So I figured what the heck. I bought some and she uses it like a mask every night and within 2 weeks, the acne was GONE! Every one of them. She puts mederma on the places where it began to scar and even thats begininng to disappear. Im amazed that something so simple would work so well. Shes had one 2 pimples since we started using it and it was during her time of the month. Thats it. Try the Milk of Magnesia as a mask and see if it helps. Give it about 2 weeks.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 7:14 PM on Aug. 30, 2009

• Here is how my teen handles her acne: wash your face twice a day with a very mild soap (like unscented baby soap) and a soft wash cloth; follow with a light, oil free moisturizer (she uses Lush). Once a day, before you wash your face, put on a honey mask (just honey, a great anti-bacterial). Every three days add a pinch of baking soda to the honey to exfoliate. Check back with me in two weeks and tell me how this worked.

Answer by rkoloms at 8:43 PM on Aug. 30, 2009