If i leave conditioner in my hair for 20 min

Help treat damaged hair vs 5 min??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:26 PM on Aug. 30, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• I've slept in my conditioner before.. many different brands.. and its never hurt. What I do is shampoo and condition, then slightly dry my hair and smear more on. I put on a shower cap, wrap my head in a long scarf, and sleep with it in. In the morning, I wash it out. My hair is never greasy afterwards.. just super silky and shiny. I generally only do this 4-6 times a year.. always after I color, and sometimes in the summer/winter when it gets dry. Its a nice pick me up.

A really nice brand of conditioner to use for this is "ION color defense Intense moisture hydrating treatment." its cheap, comes in packets and in the bottle at Sally's beauty supply and its GREAT stuff! I adore it..

LuminousMom

Answer by LuminousMom at 9:09 PM on Aug. 30, 2009

• It will not hurt your hair. I do not know if it will help more.If you want to help your damaged hair get regular hair cuts.

Answer by louise2 at 6:29 PM on Aug. 30, 2009

• Ditto louise2. It won't help or hurt, and the best thing to combat damage is a good haircut every 6 weeks or so.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:37 PM on Aug. 30, 2009

• Depends on the conditioner. Some are designed for extended leave in. Some are not. Those that are not will just leave hair greasy.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 6:38 PM on Aug. 30, 2009

• looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 6:45 PM on Aug. 30, 2009