My daughter's going in the 2nd grade, what will she be learning about?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:32 PM on Aug. 30, 2009 in Tweens (9-12)

• Kids in 2nd grade learn alot of different things from writing and spelling to more advanced math concepts. My dd was in 2nd grade last year, they focused on a great deal of independent reading, weekly spelling tests, and addition/subtraction of 3-4 numbers. They had a large science section on butterfly hatching, and at the end of the year introduced basic telling time and cursive writing. I'm sure that every school is different, but these are the basics.
    emnasmom

Answer by emnasmom at 8:27 PM on Aug. 30, 2009

• 2nd grade isn't a 'tween' she's only 7! big difference!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:37 PM on Aug. 30, 2009

• Who knows. All schools are different. My kids are in private (Christian) school and are ahead of their peers in the public school here - they teach about a grade ahead of the public school. So if you want to know, ask her teacher.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:38 PM on Aug. 30, 2009

Not true except for the all schools are different. My son is in a private Catholic school and my nephew in public and they are teaching just about the same things and my nephew is in 1st.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:41 PM on Aug. 30, 2009

• Your school district should have something on their website about outcomes for each grade which would tell you what she'll be learning. If not then just ask the teacher. They should be giving something out to parents that details what the kids will be learning that year anyway.
    RhondaVeggie

Answer by RhondaVeggie at 3:48 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• Your childs teacher should have given you a paper at the beginning showing you what they were expected to learn and how much they should know by the end of the year.
    KalebsMommee

Answer by KalebsMommee at 11:21 PM on Aug. 31, 2009