Is it my responsibility or the doctor?

I went to the doctor for a pregnancy urine test and they discovered I had a urinary tract infection,so they gave me some pills.Now, I go to the doctor tomorrow to talk about some other things,is it right for me to take another urine test before I see my doctor or should I wait for the doctor to give me one?I kinda feel it's my responsibilty because I want to know if I still have a problem and I figure they have their own problems to think about and other clients ,so I should ask.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:40 PM on Aug. 30, 2009 in Health

• If you want to get another urine test done. Just tell you doctor .

Answer by louise2 at 6:46 PM on Aug. 30, 2009

• am confused r u asking if you should take a pg test?
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 6:44 PM on Aug. 30, 2009

• If the doctor gave you meds for your infection, then he knows you had one. You may ask him if you want to if he feels it has cleared up, however, you should know just by the way you feel.
    kustomkrochet

Answer by kustomkrochet at 6:47 PM on Aug. 30, 2009

• I took the pills,and I want to see by taking the urine test again,if I still have an infection?Do you think after taking 5 days worth of 500 mg. of Levaquin,is going to kill completely my tract infection?I had blood in my urine and uterine floating objects.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:49 PM on Aug. 30, 2009

• If your concerned it didn't go away just tell your doc. It's not really your responsibility. If you're going in for a prenatal appointment they will test for it anyway. At least MOST do. I can't tell you how many times I found out I had one before there was even symptoms. It's routine.
    2murphyboys

Answer by 2murphyboys at 6:50 PM on Aug. 30, 2009

• The only way I can tell my tract infection has gotten better and I didn't have burning when I pee or those other problems.One thing I noticed, I had to pee everytime I would try to masterbate and when I'd cum,it would feel like pee.After the pills this stopped but I wonder what caused that problem in the first place.I always pee before masterbation and anytime during but the sudden urge to pee was very unusual for me and it happened everytime I would supposed to cum.I should say I'm on high blood pressure medicines and they have ruined my orgasms,so I can't feel them but I wonder if they are doing something harmful to me too?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:56 PM on Aug. 30, 2009