Should I leave him?

The story: He is my age but immature for the most part. He has 2 girls he don't do much for, I mean he will send them occasionaly and see them every few years. Ok now Im pregnant and he has not bought me or the baby one single thing. I mean nothing! He drinks almost every weekend, parties, and I think he gets girls numbers, but have no proof on the last one other than finding a number or 2 once. I know for a fact he would cheat if given the oppourtunity too. He makes me feel loved and wanted 98% of the time, but in the same breath, he will pick on me. He knows I do not want him going out but once a month, only because its not fair for me, money is tight, and he always comes home at 4 am totally f-cked up. Like not only so drunk he can't walk, but wired. He drives drunk and that worries me. I love him and I know he loves me, but he also makes comments to his guy friends that before getting knocked up he was ending "us" .......

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:48 PM on Aug. 30, 2009 in Relationships

• We live together and everything. But he wont let me work and he don't buy me shit, no meds or anything. I had to get on public aide since quiting my job. He blows his money and lies about where it all went. What do I do?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:50 PM on Aug. 30, 2009

• go back and read what you wrote. Do you REALLY want to continue in a relationship with a man like that? If you have a brain in your head you'll leave.
    abbynzachsmommy

Answer by abbynzachsmommy at 6:52 PM on Aug. 30, 2009

• I guess it's hard to see the situation you are in when you are in the middle of it. It's always easier to see from the outside. But i'd say get the hell out of the situation, personally.
    MommaTurbo

Answer by MommaTurbo at 6:57 PM on Aug. 30, 2009

• move ON.....
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:58 PM on Aug. 30, 2009

• think if this were another mothers post and u were goin to answer what do u think u would tell her?? if u would tell her to move on then go! if not stay and not have anything for u and the kid!!!! and kids need a lot of things he is just holding you down!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:00 PM on Aug. 30, 2009

• Women should use the man's past as a guide to what kind of partner he'd make. If he doesn't have much to do with his other children financially or otherwise, then chances are he won't with your child either.
    He had you to stop working and doesn't give you anything because he wants to keep it all for himself and keep you depending on him so you can't leave.
    I know it's hard when you're emotionally involved and especially with a child involved too but he sounds like he's not good father, provider, or even boyfriend material.
    Anyone that drives while intoxicated or wired is someone that you are going to have problems with down the road. who's to say he won't drive with your child in the car? With you?
    I couldn't stay with him because every time he left the house I'd be wondering if today was the day he was going to get in the car and hurt himself or someone else.
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 7:25 PM on Aug. 30, 2009

• I think his history and his actions speak for themselves and you can see how he will treat you and your child. What will you do when he drives drunk with the baby in the car? Are you willing to stay with a man who would endanger your life or that of your child? I think you know the answer to this question

Answer by admckenzie at 7:26 PM on Aug. 30, 2009

• He doesn't sound like he's much use. If you really loved him, you can try to sit down and tell him this and let him know that it he can't stay home more, come in at a decent time and be a decent dad, get his shit and go!
    jalex

Answer by jalex at 7:29 PM on Aug. 30, 2009

• Sorry to tell you ,your man is a sperm donor only, not a father material, why would you lay up with a man ,who has 2 kids already and don't take care of them, honey,he isn't going to take care of your child either.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:16 PM on Aug. 30, 2009

• Men can be so sweet...only in an effort to get a positive reaction from you...ie: sex, or just attention in general..it can seem as thought they are 'in love' with you but if you take a closer look, you'll see it;'s all about HIM getting his needs met...hun he sounds like a selfish prick...you deserve love, not bullshit...no way in hell I'd stay with a man who stayed out till 4 in the morning & came home drunk, he's probably cheating...I say dump the s.o.b. and run as fast as you can.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:15 PM on Aug. 30, 2009