What is Nipple Stimulation?

how do I do it?
and
has any1 tried it and it worked for them?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:49 PM on Aug. 30, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Its just as the name says, you stimulate your nipples. Now, i did talk to a nurse about this with my son and she said it wont work if you just "play" with them, you just about have to "nurse" and even then its not garunteed.
    abbynzachsmommy

Answer by abbynzachsmommy at 6:53 PM on Aug. 30, 2009

• With intense & constant stimulating, plenty of oxytocin (labor hormone) is released. It will sometimes start or rev up contractions.
    Because it is intense (it IS the natural version of Pitocin~ drug used to induce labor) it should be under the supervision of care providers, not done on your own.

And I did do it under supervision, still did nothing but hurt immensely. :-(
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 7:16 PM on Aug. 30, 2009

• I have been around ladies that have tried it but it didnt work for them. I was instructed (although I didnt do it) to use the strong medela pump and pump for 10 minutes on a fast, hard setting, then stop for 10 minutes then start for 10 minutes again
    Jaydin_Makenna

Answer by Jaydin_Makenna at 8:27 PM on Aug. 30, 2009