what would you do in this situation? (not 'fun' just need advice?)

My husband just returned from Iraq a little over a month ago.
We started to go to church, and in going, he ran into a guy that was with him over there, and we invited him over, and have hung out with him a few times. ( we have two kids)
He is going through a 'nasty divorce'. I say it with the ' ' because we don't know any details, just know that there are some major things going on with it.
I was fine with not knowing any details, because its not our business.
EXCEPT he has said a few things that are starting to bother me.
He is not allowed to be within 150 ft. of his wife, or their children.
His children have made statements against him, and so has his wife.

Now he is telling us that his lawyer is going to call and talk to both myself and my husband about when he came over.

I know nothing about divorces so I don't know why he would want to talk to us other than it is something about abuse or something (cont..)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:52 PM on Aug. 30, 2009 in Just for Fun

• (cont.)
    similar to that.
    He seems like a nice guy, but it freaks me out with him saying that his kids are saying things, and he can't talk to them, see them, or anything.

Now, since my hubby is in the military, I am going to have him talk to his 1st. Sgt to see what he thinks about the situation. BUT

does anyone know why this might be??

My only thoughts are something sexual or abusive towards his wife and kids, and that scares me since we have kids, and he is always asking out ours. I KNOW there are some people who genuinley love kids, and i'm ok with that too. I just want to see what others might think of this situation?? Thank you
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:54 PM on Aug. 30, 2009

• I would be very careful until you know for sure what is going on. Make sure your kids are directly supervised by you or your hubby and don't leave them alone in a room with this other person until you are satisfied that you know the truth. It could be lies being made up by the ex, that happens you know, however, I've never heard of a divorce lawyer that talks to their clients friends about their visits. Good Luck, God Bless!
    kustomkrochet

Answer by kustomkrochet at 7:02 PM on Aug. 30, 2009

• Just cooperate for now, but I would def. sit with him and ask a few questions and let him know you're just wondering about a few things, not to jusge, just to shed some light on the situation, b/c now a lawyer is getting involved and you'd like to remain friends but he needs to tell you a couple of facts first.
    MommaRox4683

Answer by MommaRox4683 at 7:14 PM on Aug. 30, 2009

• You can call the jail and see if he has been in and what his charges are. It sounds like some kind of abuse and if you have an uneasy feeling then I would keep him away. You have to do what is right for your kids.
    stickyfingers

Answer by stickyfingers at 7:21 PM on Aug. 30, 2009

• not just you alone, with your husband of course, I don't know if the Sarg, will tell you anything.
    MommaRox4683

Answer by MommaRox4683 at 7:22 PM on Aug. 30, 2009

• I wouldn't want to get involved but now just cooperate the best you can. Be honest is all.
    sweetmom1007

Answer by sweetmom1007 at 8:47 PM on Aug. 30, 2009

• I'm just speaking for myself, if,he isn't allowed around his own wife and kids, why would your DH introduced him to his family. Tell your DH you feel uneasy about his friend,you have a right to make sure your family is safe.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:55 PM on Aug. 30, 2009

• He might want you as a char witness. Who knows? There are 2 sides to every story. I'm with you...stay out of it.
    momx3gx1b

Answer by momx3gx1b at 11:15 PM on Aug. 30, 2009

• since he is in your house and around your kids you have every right to ask him what is going on as far as the allegations go. just tell him that you heard him say that he can't be around his wife or kids and it makes you uncomfortable not knowing why. be honest and upfront. don't bring his 1st sgt into it. that is not what 1st sgt's are for. only call him in if your kids are making allegations against this man.
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 3:31 AM on Aug. 31, 2009