Make ahead freezer recipes

I'm due with our second little boy the end of September (but if i have my way, more like the middle of Sept! lol!) and i'd like to have a bunch of meals prepared and frozen so i dont have to worry so much about making dinners after the baby is born. I'm going to freeze a bunch of cooked ground beef and diced chicken so it's easy to throw in recipes. But i'd also like to have some complete meals i can just put in the oven and eat in a half hour too.

Could you please share your recipes and freezing methods? And is there a good group on here for this kind of thing?

TIA!

MommaTurbo

Asked by MommaTurbo at 7:00 PM on Aug. 30, 2009 in Food & Drink

• here's a website that I use. I did this. Im due in Sept. the middle
    good luck and congrats
    Lovin_mybaby5

Answer by Lovin_mybaby5 at 7:03 PM on Aug. 30, 2009

• oops I forgot the website
    http://www.myrecipes.com/recipes/freezable
    Lovin_mybaby5

• I love to make chicken enchiladas and freeze them. They take a little longer to cook but it's still you just pop it in and leave it alone. Lasagna freezes really well too.
    You could also freeze things like spaghetti sauce or chili.
    I'll send you the chili and enchiladas recipe.
    2murphyboys

Answer by 2murphyboys at 7:04 PM on Aug. 30, 2009

• http://www.cafemom.com/group/24970/
    It's called the Once a month cooking club.
    2murphyboys

Answer by 2murphyboys at 7:06 PM on Aug. 30, 2009

• I get together once a month with a group of ladies and do just this. We make freezer dinners. Most recently we made calzones. So easy and actually really good. Use the frozen bread dough. Thaw just to room temp. cut the loaf into 5 equal sections flatten to about a 1/4 inch thick and as round as possible. Add mozerella cheese and what ever other kind of pizza topping you like. fold over and pinch the sides closed. I put a 5 in a freezer bag and freeze. Heat oven to 350 and bake the frozen calzones for 15 minutes. Use your favorite spaghetti sauce to dip them in.

On amazon.com you find recipe books just for frozen dinners.
    Noosa

Answer by Noosa at 7:07 PM on Aug. 30, 2009

• I guess i should have mentioned that i have normal recipes like spaghetti, enchiladas (i have THE best chicken enchi recipe!!), chili, lasagna stuff like that. I'm just kind of looking for something different. I have a ton of casserole recipes too, but my husband has a weird issue with casseroles.
    MommaTurbo

Answer by MommaTurbo at 7:16 PM on Aug. 30, 2009

• Noosa, those calzones sound like a great idea! Just the thing for the nights i'm craving pizza but dont really want pizza! LOL!
    MommaTurbo

Answer by MommaTurbo at 7:18 PM on Aug. 30, 2009

• Stuff I freeze regularly: Lasagna, Beef and Chicken Enchiladas, Certain Soups ( We freeze Duck Gumbo and the Taco Soup/ Chili) Meatballs, Meatloaf (just pre mixed and frozen, not cooked). Funeral potatoes,
    Nika75

Answer by Nika75 at 8:04 PM on Aug. 30, 2009