My High Blood Pressure medicine causes my Blood sugar to go up..My Doctor doesn't believe this!

I had the worst low blood sugar of my life and I went to the doctor for a glucose tollerance test to prove to my stupid husband and family that I needed respect.Well I was taking 320 mg. of High Blood Pressure medicines and it raised my blood sugar up to 109!!So then my doctor tries to send me to a Diabetic doctor.I switched meds and now I'm a lower dose 45 mg. and I have lost 30 pnds so now my blood sugar is 95.My blood sugar is in the normal range but I feel terrible.When my blood sugar is low I pop my pills and instantly I have more energy.So now, my doctor took blood test of me and the result says,non-Diabetic.Just want to know if your blood sugar has gone up from these pills?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:08 PM on Aug. 30, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• i think your doc is right...its not the HBP meds....im on three diff meds AND im a diabetic...i keep good control of my sugar...and your doc is right...your not a diabetic..your A1C test would have to be over 7.0 to be considered a true diabetic...mine is 6.7 wich is considered borderline....if your levels are that low i can guarantee your not a diabetic. also dont forget, stress, excersize, and food intake alters your sugar levels...this could just be a cooincidence
    blueeyedgrl2377

Answer by blueeyedgrl2377 at 7:37 PM on Aug. 30, 2009

• 70 to 110 is a good range to keep your blood sugars, that is the " norm " You levels will also vary depending on food intake, etc.. that PP mentioned.
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 7:49 PM on Aug. 30, 2009

• I've talked to another mom on here,who had her blood sugars go up becuz of hbp pills, also it talks about it on the internet and Diabetics should be especially careful of them.Why it happens to me and not alot of other people, I don't know.They don't talk about it alot on the net,it's like a taboo topic..hush..hush.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:57 PM on Aug. 30, 2009

• I don't know how this would work with diabetics but my father is currently taking Fish Oil tablets. They have helped him with his High blood pressure and cholesterol. Worth a try!
    fireangel0310

Answer by fireangel0310 at 10:11 PM on Sep. 8, 2009