My daughter is turning 3 in Feb, starting to take her off the bottle....any tips?

Taking my 2 year old girl off of the bottle starting tonight, i totally need suggetions and tips. My son is 4 now and I really dont remember anything about taking him off the bottle. .................My girl is gonna be 3 in Feb. Its totally time.

MommyTurtle1985

Asked by MommyTurtle1985 at 7:11 PM on Aug. 30, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• just start handing her a cup nothing more then that if shse refusing stick with it! Juice Milk and anything else u give her
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:15 PM on Aug. 30, 2009

• if shes on a bottle for bed time then she might want to stick with that for a lil bit but eventually she will switch
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:16 PM on Aug. 30, 2009

• I dont remember how I got my 2 yr old off the bottle. I think he was more like 2 1/2 but I think we lost them all...LOL. Dont let anyone give you grief about extending her bottle time. Shes fine and I think if youre ready to get rid of it, then go for it, but I can just see opinions flying around here about why she wasnt on a sippy at 5 mos or whatever these moms around here do. Good luck to you and I wish you a successful bottle ridding event!
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 7:17 PM on Aug. 30, 2009

• My daughter just turned 2 and is also on a bottle. I will be trying to take her off soon....I hope. She sure does like her bottle though. I didn't get off the bottle til shortly after I was 3 and I'm just fine. So do what is best for you all. If you feel its time to take her off though, then go for it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:21 PM on Aug. 30, 2009

• My son is about to be 2 next month and I took him off the bottle when he turned one. The reason why I did is because I figured it would be harder to do it when he got a little older. But what I did is I started giving him a sippy cup so he could get used to it and I did that for 2 weeks before he turned 1 and then all of a sudden a couple days before he turned 1 he didn't want the bottle anymore. So you might want to try to give her a sippy cup a few times a day and get her used to it.
    proudmom918513

Answer by proudmom918513 at 8:41 PM on Aug. 30, 2009

• my son will be 3 in feb also... but he has been off a bottle since right after he turned one... the best way is to get the sippy cups with the silicone tops instead of them hard plastic ones... it will feel almost the same and you can eventually just stop the bottle.
    terra6211

Answer by terra6211 at 10:30 PM on Aug. 30, 2009