Cramping in the night?? (not on my pd) PIOC

I got off my period last week, so it's not my cycle; I'm probably closer to ovulating, so this makes no sense to me. For the past 2 nights, I have woken up in the middle of the night having horrible cramps. Last night it was so bad, I was having a dream I was delivering a baby, lol. It wasn't gas, it was menstrual cramps but like 100x worse.

Anybody know what's up with me? It doesn't happen during the day at all.

Oh, and last week was my first period since I had my daughter 8 months ago, and I haven't been BFing for 6 months. I don't know if that's relevant.

srhmldndo

Asked by srhmldndo at 7:14 PM on Aug. 30, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Some women can have pain occasionally or every time when they ovulate. It is common for that to begin happening after you have had children particularly. I don't have painful ovulation everytime but I have had that happen twice since my second child was born. It is intense searing cramps that are very alarming. It seems to feel as if something is abnormal going on. Not like anything else I've felt before. I'm not sure about the night time part. Cysts are also very painful I've heard. I would talk to my OB.
    NikkiMomof2grls

Answer by NikkiMomof2grls at 9:38 PM on Aug. 30, 2009

• it might be a cyst on your ovarie. i would get an ultrasound to make sure... i have them all the time & it can be like severe contractions when they burst.
    scooterpooter

Answer by scooterpooter at 7:51 PM on Aug. 30, 2009

• It could be a cyst,is there a chance you could be pregnant.If,it continue ,I would go to the doctor.
    lady-t3984

Answer by lady-t3984 at 8:39 PM on Aug. 30, 2009