I have a question!

I am 12 weeks pregnant and I slipped and fell yesterday. I didn't fall in my tummy. i landed on my knee and hand. I forced my knee down so i wouldn't hit my tummy. i am have so small pains in my stomach. No bleeding. Just kind of worried about the baby.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:15 PM on Aug. 30, 2009 in Pregnancy

• The baby is probably fine. It is cushioned pretty good in there. I fell a lot of times in my pregnancies. Its good that you didnt fall on your tummy though.
    stickyfingers

Answer by stickyfingers at 7:17 PM on Aug. 30, 2009

• if ur really worried u should ask ur DR. or u can call the Labor And Delivery and see what they say. i myself have never fallen so i really wouldnt know but better to be safe then sry
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:18 PM on Aug. 30, 2009

• Your more than likely fine, I fell like that in the first part of my pregnancy, that's one reason I found out I was pregnant, I fell twice, and I'm not a clumsy person at all, I knew something was wrong, then I got a preg. test, but my daughter is and was fine. Your body is to protect your baby from many things.
    MommaRox4683

Answer by MommaRox4683 at 7:20 PM on Aug. 30, 2009

• Baby is pretty well-cushioned in there. Especially at 12 weeks you probably have absolutely nothing to worry about. The pains in your stomach are probably not related at all!
    sweetmoonem

Answer by sweetmoonem at 7:26 PM on Aug. 30, 2009

• It's normal to have soreness in the abs, legs, and even the arms after a fall. Your muscle reflexes kick and and tense up to control and/or break the fall. The uterus and the amnion is well designed to protect and you are very early.
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 8:18 PM on Aug. 30, 2009

• Thanks so very much ladies!!! It just really worried me
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:59 PM on Aug. 30, 2009

• Aww. I know you were worried. But I'm sure it's fine! I fell later in my pregnancy. I was able to twist and land on my butt. Then the baby didn't move much for the next 24 hours so I freaked out and called the doctor he told me to come in and get and ultrasound. We could see her heart beating and she was taking her "practice breaths" but we couldn't get her to move. So i had to go to the hospital and have a biophysical profile done. It like a really long, high definition ultrasound. She was fine, just not wanting to move. It was a really scary situation!
    sadiesmom87

Answer by sadiesmom87 at 12:12 AM on Aug. 31, 2009

• me && several friends have close due dates (not planned lol) and when we were in our early stages a few of us had minor cramps like that.. without falling. ur baby is most likely safe!! lol but get use 2 worrying about EVERYTHING 4 awhile!!! i am 25 weeks && i pay soooo much attention 2 every little step i take still! lol
    burr_and_e

Answer by burr_and_e at 5:35 AM on Aug. 31, 2009