Anyone have a husband addicted to video games??

So, my husband really enjoys his video games, always has... I have had my ups and downs with it in the past (pre baby), but for the most part have settled on the fact that they're not going anywhere and as long as he still gets things done around the house I'm okay with him playing them.

Today he woke up, came straight downstairs and started playing a game while I was trying to entertain our 10 month old daughter in between doing things online, cleaning dishes, and overall relaxing due to busy weekend w/ family. I was looking forward to spend time w/ him today because he's going out later tonight, and I'm also sad about him losing out on time with his daughter - especially when she walks up to him and it takes him a lil' while to notice her or give her attention.

I've talked to him about it, so he knows how I feel about it, but do I continue to tell him when it bothers me or let it go because we've had the talk before?

IssaHam

Asked by IssaHam at 7:21 PM on Aug. 30, 2009 in Relationships

• My dh is into to playing a bunch of games on FaceBook and it drives me CRAZY! I too enjoy my time on FB and CM, but when the kids need something or the laundry needs to be done, I'm right there doing it. Many times he comes home from work and gets his laptop out and sits on our bed and plays all night, meanwhile I'm doing baths and homework, etc. I'd love to be able to give you an answer, but I'm in the same boat! We've had the talk before and it gets better for a while but then goes back to the same old, same old. Ladies, any ideas?
    emnasmom

Answer by emnasmom at 8:19 PM on Aug. 30, 2009

• Yea, it always gets better for a lil' while after we have 'the talk', but he'll still relapse every now and again. And I try to justify it in my head as that's his 'me time', and we all really need that sometimes, but he choses bad times to do it sometimes.... we talked about it last night briefly and he appologized saying he really didn't mean to be on there that long...
    IssaHam

Answer by IssaHam at 7:22 PM on Aug. 31, 2009