If someone has a miscarriage would there cervix be open or closed?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:51 PM on Aug. 30, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Mine was closed both times I miscarried when I was checked. However, it had to have opened at some point for everything to pass. My doctor made it clear that just because it was closed, it did not mean I would not lose either baby.
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 8:41 PM on Aug. 30, 2009

• Open, but not all the way. And it sometimes doesn't happen until as the baby is coming out, and then closes pretty fast after that. A miscarriage is considered inevitable when the cervix is open.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 8:04 PM on Aug. 30, 2009

• open, nothing can get out of your uterus if your cervix is completely closed
    Jaydin_Makenna

Answer by Jaydin_Makenna at 8:25 PM on Aug. 30, 2009

• Usually it's open during a miscarriage and when it's closed it can sometimes mean that your body isn't getting rid of everything like it's supposed to and you may need a D&C. However mine was closed when the doctor looked with my first miscarriage and I was fine. I didn't have any infection or complications afterward.
    Court128

Answer by Court128 at 2:43 AM on Aug. 31, 2009