My 15year old is always angry or moody, is this normal?

Robin966

Asked by Robin966 at 7:54 PM on Aug. 30, 2009 in Teens (13-17)

• hehe... yes, it's normal. ALL teenagers get that way. I remember being that way and I am the least angry person on the face of the planet. I guess just be patient with him or her and try to be there when they need you.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 8:02 PM on Aug. 30, 2009

• It depends on what you mean by angry and moody? Some is normal but if he is angry and moody all the time, not so normal. If he is mean, hurts others or himself when angry..not normal. If he destroys others property or his own when angry..not normal. And NO, ALL teenagers do NOT get that way. I was never angry and moody as a teenager and I know many teenagers that are not.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 9:47 PM on Aug. 30, 2009

• Oh yes, its normal, unless he/she is having a whole other list of issues. I have 2 teenagers one boy and one girl going through all the same hormonal crap at the same time and let me tell you it can be loads of fun in my house from time to time. I always recommend lots of OPEN communication with teens, making sure you know what is going on in life and all that good stuff. Sometimes they are just sleep deprived and a little overwhelmed. I didnt realize how anxious my kids were getting about "growing up" til we talked about it, so hang in there, keep talking and all will eventually fall back into a nice "norm"
    SuperMomof3kids

Answer by SuperMomof3kids at 9:50 PM on Aug. 30, 2009

• yes normal...your teen will have raging hormones that will cause all kinds of mood swings for 3 to 4 years. Be consistant with chores, praises and punishments. Make sure you set limits and talk to them all the time about the rules, limits or how was their day. Keep lines of communication open. Know who they will be with and what their plans are for the day/evening. I use to check up on the kids once in a while and when they were caugt not where they said they were and didn't let me know plans had changed, punishment. When their friends are in your house, keep them to the same rules. Oh the teen yells and screams like he/she is being murdered. Bet you didn't know you were stupid? I didn't until my teen told me I was. Yes, this is how they see their parents. Remember this: Everytime you want to kill your teen remember, God made teens the way he did so when it is time for them to leave home, you are not heartbroken.
    momx3gx1b

Answer by momx3gx1b at 10:47 PM on Aug. 30, 2009

• VERY NORMAL! IT IS A PHASE, HANG IN THERE, BUT DON'T ALLOW DISRESPECT!

Answer by older at 2:53 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• NO,NOT NORMAL,there's a great difference between moody, and signs of depression, my 15 year old grandson can be very moody, he is always down, the reason,he was bullied last year in school,he was so moody and withdrawn, one day he went to school, I got a call from the school,he told the nurse and staff, he just wanted to die,and not be bother with his school anymore. We had to rush him to the the hospital.My grandson is doing better,we now have his schooling under control,he still have to take therapy,but, it's a blessing to see him happy. Please, continue to tell him he is special,and just for his happiness,make him an appointment with a psychologist. Good luck.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:10 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• It depends on what type of angry/moody your teenager is. In general yes it's quite normal BUT you should always talk to them to make sure that it's not a sign of an underlying problem. It could be that his attitude at the moment is just a bid for attention, that they just want to know that they're loved, because of something that is going on his life. I would attempt to have a talk with him, if that's possible, ask him if anything's going on. Take him out to something he likes to do to have this conversation. If he would be more comfortable talking to another man about emotion, not saying he would but just in case, then send him out with his father or another close male friend. Good Luck.
    mommatomanyy

Answer by mommatomanyy at 6:48 AM on Sep. 1, 2009

• It's normal to a certain extent when they display happiness and excitement at other times. But if they're literally ALWAYS angry or moody, then there's probably an issue.
    mama_k228

Answer by mama_k228 at 10:23 AM on Sep. 1, 2009