cheap meals?

I have 4 kids that are growing and eatting and eatting and eatting..What are cheap meals i can make! that can be made into new meals OR i can give the kids the next day for lunch?? i usually cook some meat a vegi and potatoes but its gettin old im not the best at cooking but nows the time to learn! any ideas for sides besides rice and potatoes and vegis??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:55 PM on Aug. 30, 2009 in Food & Drink

• Send me a message offlist if you would like some recipes:

lentil tacos
    lentil sloppy joes
    peanut noodles
    stir fried veggies and tofu with brown rice
    etc.

Answer by rkoloms at 8:53 PM on Aug. 30, 2009

• Make a pot roast one night then the next night put leftover beef in a crockpot with beef broth, and a frozen baf gf mixed veggies add a bay leaf and a few dashes of worchestershire sauce and simmer all day.
    Make a whole chicken one night and the next night ...boil egg nooodles, drain and add a can of cream of mushroom and a can of cheddar cheese soup along with a cup of milk stir until creamy add cooked broccoli and leftover chicken, simmer until hot.
    this is a quik stovetop skillet
    brown 2 lbs hamburger with onion and optional green pepper and celery...you decide how much
    drain and return to large deep skillet and add 2 cups water, 15 oz. of each tomato sauce and stewed tomatoes. small box elbows, uncooked, 1/4 A1 steak sauce, a few dashes worchestershire sauce, season with pepper and parsley
    simmer 20 minutes uncovered .
    Another thing too is keep a bowl of cut up fresh fruit for snacking on and tortillas and shredded cheese
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 2:14 AM on Aug. 31, 2009

• cont...
    Just add a handful of the cheese to a tortilla toss in the microwave for 30 seconds at a time and when the cheese is melted add salsa. Roll up like a burrito and enjoy
    Also tuna melts
    tuna and mayo, mix then toast bread, add tuna mix to toast and top with cheese even a slice of tomato put in toaster oven or in regular oven(on a cookie sheet at 350) until cheese is melted
    English muffins split open and add pizza sauce and mozerella cheese, heat in oven at 350 until cheese is melted. Bread sticks and any italian sauce, heated, is a great snack or just veggies and dip. but the fresh fruit bowl in the fridge is a big thing around here and goes in no time! I have 4 kids as well and all I do is pick 2 to 4 fruits to cut up and throw in a bowl and it's gone in no time!
    Message me if you would like more ideas.
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 2:22 AM on Aug. 31, 2009

• I'm sorry when I went over what I wrote I meant to say * bag of* mixed veggies not the words my fingers came up with, I'm sorry
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 2:24 AM on Aug. 31, 2009