A question for those who don't have a mud room or coat closet...

Where do you put your shoes and coats when you come in...In my house everyone uses the door that goes straight into the kitchen and I have a cubbie in the corner where the shoes go and that the microwave is on top of...talk about multi-purpose..LOL But I was going to have hubby build a corner bench/coat rack/shoe cubbie/shelf to hold the microwave...LOL but I wanted to see what everyone else has...So if you could send me a pic of where you hang your coats and put your shoes that would be great...Thanks

sourmom2

Asked by sourmom2 at 8:01 PM on Aug. 30, 2009 in Home & Garden

• in the winter, we use an over-the-door hanger that holds 4-5 different things, for coats/scarves, leash. we also use it for towels after coming home from the pool-this is located on the door right inside the back hallway from the garage. as for shoes, we either take them off in the garage, or put them in our own closets in the bedrooms.
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 5:34 AM on Aug. 31, 2009

• I don't have the option of a side hall or garage...I only have the door that leads right into the kitchen...I'm sure there has to be others out there with an older home that doesn't have a "special" place for these things...I need creative ideas to help make it fit into the room the best way you can make a shoe fit into a kitchen...LOL
    sourmom2

Answer by sourmom2 at 8:33 AM on Aug. 31, 2009