Just plain exhausted! 37 weeks pregnant...

Ugh! What can I do for more energy at this point?? I'm still trying to get everything together for the baby and I am sooo tired, mind, body and soul. My husband is trying as much as he can but it's not enough. I'm pooped! Is it normal to feel this tired at the end? I don't remember feeling this exhausted with my son 6 years ago...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:22 PM on Aug. 30, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Maybe get your thyroid checked, that can really throw you off. I had post partum thyroiditis and all I wanted to do was sleep. Good Luck!
    Fairy_Wings

Answer by Fairy_Wings at 8:25 PM on Aug. 30, 2009

• Take it as a cue to store up energy and rest. I've been tired and lazy myself. The baby is growing a lot and all your organs are squashed to capacity...especially your lungs. You are also older and have more things to do than six years ago, of course you are going to feel exhausted.
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 8:35 PM on Aug. 30, 2009

• its normal...your body is working hard supporting another little life and its preparing to go through labor. I'm 33 weeks and it seems like the more I rest the more tired I am. This is baby #3 for me in the last 4 years so I've come expect being tired at this point.
    abbynzachsmommy

Answer by abbynzachsmommy at 8:40 PM on Aug. 30, 2009

• I'm 37 weeks also and I have a two year old son...it's normal! lol I'm soo tired all the time and don't have the energy to do anything.
    GinaPetty

Answer by GinaPetty at 8:57 PM on Aug. 30, 2009

• I'm in the same boat. I have to give myself a pep talk to take a shower lol. I can't believe how tired I am somedays, that how bad my vagina feels likes its going to flip inside out. HAHAHA Ohhh the wonderful world of pregnancy and childbirth. So so Glamorous!!!
    Jillybeans24

Answer by Jillybeans24 at 9:06 PM on Aug. 30, 2009

• It's completely normal at this stage. I'm 37 weeks pregnant and tired all the time. It doesn't help that I have 3 other young children to take care of. Right now I'm taking care of my kids and resting as much as I can. The rest can wait until later.
    _Momof3_

Answer by _Momof3_ at 9:42 PM on Aug. 30, 2009