Where can I find more friends?

Hello everyone...I am a stay at home / work at home mom and all of my family just moved up north. I don't have anyone around me and it's really hard since i have three little boys, ages 2, 4 & 6. I dont have any one to even go out and get a break with, i hate this change in my life, I'm not dealing very well....does anyone have any ideas on how to make local friends? It's not like you can just walk up to anyone and be like..."Hi - i have three kids, wanna hang out?" in the grocery line. It's just me, my husband and my three kids. Any advice or websites to find local peeps in my same situation?? Thanks!

Rebekkah_ann

Asked by Rebekkah_ann at 8:34 PM on Aug. 30, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I wish I could help you out. I have one son and even though I do have family nearby, I still wish I had some friends my own age that I could spend time with once in a while. Making friends has never been easy for me to begin with, so now that I'm home with my son it's even harder.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:55 PM on Aug. 30, 2009

• Depending on where you live, their might be playgroups you can attend. This way you will meet other moms with kids the same age and make friends. You can find playgroups in a variety of locations - like on here, Meetup.com, or through the school.

You could also try a community ed class or a fitness class. You could walk up to a mom on the playground and just say hi. It is a little intimidating, but what is she going to do - spit in your face? Other moms are just as eager to make new friends - they may be just a lonely as you. I know I was!
    Drewlove

Answer by Drewlove at 9:24 PM on Aug. 30, 2009

• Well, school should help, you should meet moms there. Also, do you have a local community center? That's a good place to meet people. But I think your kids will meet others they want to play with and then you can take it from there, meeting other moms. Hang in there, it'll work out.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 12:38 AM on Aug. 31, 2009

• Park, school, gymboree type classes, cafemom... . .
    HollyLucination

Answer by HollyLucination at 4:01 AM on Sep. 3, 2009