What can I do?

My son is about to be 2 next month and I have started potty training him about a month ago and he had all the signs to want to start getting interested in the potty. And well he's not the baby in the house anymore he has a little baby sister that is 3 months old. And well he used to tell me when he needed to go potty and then all of a sudden about a week ago he decided that he wasn't going to tell me anymore and start going potty in his pullup and almost everytime I try to get him to go potty on the pot for me he screams his head off like I'm punishing him for something when I'm not. Because when he sees me, his daddy or anyone else go potty he wants to go also but he screams when I try. Please help me! What should I do?

proudmom918513

Asked by proudmom918513 at 8:45 PM on Aug. 30, 2009 in General Parenting

• I would back off for a week or two. New babies can set things like potty training back. And I would lose the pull-ups when you try again. Take him and let him pick out some underwear so he sees that he is getting older. The pull-ups are just to much like a diaper. I was worried that my little boy would pee all over the house if I just put him in underwear but he actually did very well.
    treynlisa

Answer by treynlisa at 9:39 PM on Aug. 30, 2009

• if he will go while ur going just act like ur going when u want him to go. trick him if u can. GL
    okc-mom-2

Answer by okc-mom-2 at 9:46 PM on Aug. 30, 2009

• It is hard for a little one with a new baby because they see sissy getting her diaper changed, and they want that same love and attention! Because some of the attention has now been shifted! So it may take a while longer now! Be prepared, it will blow over eventually.
    AidensMommy20

Answer by AidensMommy20 at 9:48 PM on Aug. 30, 2009

• This works!
    You can make potty training for a boy fun, by putting a few cheerios in the toilet, and have the boy aim at them. Makes them want to use the potty!
    BOOLIEANN13

Answer by BOOLIEANN13 at 10:50 PM on Aug. 30, 2009

• I have a journal on my profile here at Cafemom about my experience training my son with the 3 day method. Please feel free to read it and see if it might be something you want to try. Other moms have used it as their method and had a lot of success, even moms with infants.
    Let me know if you have any questions. I'm also the owner of the Potty Training Moms Support Group. Feel free to check the group out and see if it might be something you want to join for support as well. :-)
    Andrewsmom70

Answer by Andrewsmom70 at 12:02 AM on Aug. 31, 2009

• I agree with treynlisa. I would back off until he turns 3. You don't want to create a negative feeling towards it. When you start up again go completely with undies.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 2:49 PM on Aug. 31, 2009