Did you smoke while pregnant?

I was able to quick smoking with my two other kids very quickly. This time it seems ten times harder. I am down to four a day and am hoping within two weeks to be completely done, but I feel like the worst person ever for it taking so long. (I am 14 weeks) SO..HELP? Did you quit while pregnant and how?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:59 PM on Aug. 30, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Don't feel bad. You are trying, that's what counts. Some people don't even do that. Take to you obgyn and s/he can give you the patch to help you out. Mine also gave me Welbutrin and the hospital offered classes on it. Good Luck!
    Maya09

Answer by Maya09 at 9:11 PM on Aug. 30, 2009

• I did not quit. I cut back alot. My son is healthy I know alot of people that smoke thru their entire pregnancy and their kids are fine.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:09 PM on Aug. 30, 2009

• I smoked with all 4 of mine. I understand why you posted anon....this is a hot topic for drama...but I don't care, I know I'm a good mom and mawmaw...and I smoke!
    robinann5

Answer by robinann5 at 10:13 PM on Aug. 30, 2009

• I didn't quit with either of my pregnancies. My kids are fine, but I can't say that I don't feel guilty about it. I'm trying to quit now.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:05 AM on Aug. 31, 2009

• oh geez i had 2 quit!! lol i had a horrible problem with smellin cigarette smoke up untill about the 18th week!! i'd gag just thinkin about it! but i prayed & asked god 2 help me stop 4 my baby... lol he sure did!! now if her daddy would quit.... lol im 25weeks and plan on never pickn up the habbit again to be in better health 4 my daughter!
    burr_and_e

Answer by burr_and_e at 5:28 AM on Aug. 31, 2009

• I wish that was the case for me. I puke non stop and the only thing that calms my tummy is a cig.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:42 AM on Aug. 31, 2009

• I cut way back with my dd, only when I was at work and having the shakes did I go out and smoke one. Now, w/ this one, I don't smoke. But with dd, it was about one a day, two if work made me cry or something....cut back from a pack a day....and then after she was about 2 years, I quit altogether, which is good, cause now she's almost 2 yrs 4 mnths and I'm pregnant again. I'm sort of doing an experiment, since I smoked w/ one and now wont smoke with the other! :) LOL
    dayziesnrozes

Answer by dayziesnrozes at 4:33 PM on Aug. 31, 2009