im sick, and my SO is working, my DD is with me here shes 6 months and

i just feel so overwhelmed right now! With being sick, its hard to want to get up and do anything that includes playing with my daughter. I just want to sleep and fight off this sickness...

Does it make me a bad mom to ask my mom or sister to come over and help me take care of my DD?

MomNbabyGirl009

Asked by MomNbabyGirl009 at 9:08 PM on Aug. 30, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Absolutely not!! You need to take care of yourself and it keeps baby from catching whatever you have. Plus it gives her bonding time with grandma or auntie. If anything it makes you a responsible loving mom. Feel better!!!
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 9:12 PM on Aug. 30, 2009

• o no sweetheart thats A- OK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:17 PM on Aug. 30, 2009

• Please call and get some help. And feel better soon.

Answer by Bmat at 9:22 PM on Aug. 30, 2009

• We all need help sometimes and the really good moms know to ask for it when we can get it.
    treynlisa

Answer by treynlisa at 9:25 PM on Aug. 30, 2009

• NO - get those gals over! Drink lots of fluids, it'll help.
    mevxoxo

Answer by mevxoxo at 9:53 PM on Aug. 30, 2009

• Asking for help when you know you need it makes you a good mom! It would make you a bad mom if you laid on the couch sick and your dd somehow got hurt, or went unfed or unchanged. I think if you have the option to call your mom or sister to come help you, you should!
    robinann5

Answer by robinann5 at 10:09 PM on Aug. 30, 2009

• You are very lucky to have someone you can ask for help! Thats what family is for! You are being a good mama! Get some rest and let them help you! I wish I had help like that!
    stickyfingers

Answer by stickyfingers at 10:33 PM on Aug. 30, 2009

• I got the flu when my daughter was only 1 mo and my mom came and took her overnight. I felt bad, but I couldn't take care of her. Always ask for help when you need it! That was the hardest lesson I had to learn.
    DividingAnt

Answer by DividingAnt at 12:26 AM on Aug. 31, 2009