what can i take?

what is good for a migrane head ache? i have taken excedrin,and tylonal. i'm not pregnat. please help my head is killing me.

okc-mom-2

Asked by okc-mom-2 at 9:21 PM on Aug. 30, 2009 in Health

• How often do you get these? If they are common maybe you should get a prescription. Honestly I don't know if there is anything else you can take that would work better, at least not OTC.
    Petie

Answer by Petie at 9:26 PM on Aug. 30, 2009

• I get them at least once a week, and sometimes when I take 3 ibuprofen it works. None of the other stuff works. Oh and I also take Advil PM if it's bedtime and I can't sleep because of the migraine.
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 9:28 PM on Aug. 30, 2009

• My brother is a doctor and he suggested I take 2 extra strength Tylenol and 3 Advil. Worked for me. He said the two medicines have a synergistic effect.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:28 PM on Aug. 30, 2009

• Alkalanize your system...I drink carrot juice for my migraines and they're from hell, I vomit all the livelong day for 3-4 days...so I've learned...no citrus, no dairy, no tomato's, vinegar, wine etc.....google acidic & alkaline foods...almonds are very alkalanzing as well and so is celery...any medications make the system more acidic than it already is ...works like this: acid causing foods or drugs = an acidic system=inflammation= pain.
    chocolatluver

Answer by chocolatluver at 9:36 PM on Aug. 30, 2009