Gifts for a 1 year old birthday boy

Bday is November 2. He's turning one! I'm starting my planning. not going to be anything ridiculous. just wondering what some of you did for your child's first bday. please tell me some of the gifts you got your one year olds. let alone a one year old with a winter bday
thanks~

Adeline1210

Asked by Adeline1210 at 9:32 PM on Aug. 30, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• We couldn't afford much, so we threw a small party with family. He mostly received books, and clothes from friends and family. We bought him an outfit, and some small educational toys with buttons. His grandmother baught him a toy drum. He liked the things that were easy to figure out, not too many buttons, or other things to understand. The drum was his favorite thing.

Honestly, at one year old, you could give him a cake and a box of shiny wrapping paper and he'd be happy. GL!
    BisketLiss

Answer by BisketLiss at 9:36 PM on Aug. 30, 2009

• I was going to say cake, box with wrapping paper, and balloon. . . My son got a lot of toys that he hardly touched. . . What he loved was playing in the cake, playing with the wrapping paper and boxes, and the balloons my sister bought for her friend's b-day (on the same day).
    chrissmom734

Answer by chrissmom734 at 11:08 PM on Aug. 30, 2009

• i'd say if anything get him cloths he can grow into, my sons bday party was today and he got cloths and money(from friends and family) He has a ton of toys so he didn't need toys, but they are still little and won't remember much of what they got.
    vgiron

Answer by vgiron at 3:58 AM on Aug. 31, 2009