Has your SO ever cheated on you?

If so, and you forgave him .. were you ever able to move on? did you ever REALLY forgive him? did you ever believe he really loved you again? how long did it take for you to move on? or did it ruin your relationship forever?

PURPULbutterfly

Asked by PURPULbutterfly at 10:02 PM on Aug. 30, 2009 in Relationships

• YOU CAN SAY you forgive him all you want but there will always be reminders and miss trust. Its been about a year since I found out and I still think about leaving and get upset about it to the point that I feel depressed, not good enough and hate him and the girl. i say if your not married LEAVE! if it happens while your married leave. It will always haunt you
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:37 PM on Aug. 30, 2009

• nope im way to sexy to be with a cheater lol all women should think that! that any man that cheats on her is a moron cause she is 2 hot for him and he was lucky to have her.. and move on to a guy that will realize that
    peytonJJ27

Answer by peytonJJ27 at 10:09 PM on Aug. 30, 2009

• Well my husband cheated on me about 2 years into our relationship and we are now almost to year 7 and he told me this week that he has cheated on me 4 times with 3 women in the last 3 years. We also just got married in April and have a 1 1/2 year old. To answer your questions though I never really got over it but over time it gets easier to not think about it all the time. It's something that gets pushed to the back of your mind and you try to move on. That is what I am currently trying to do so we can work on keeping our marriage together. It is one of the hardest things I have ever had to do and have to do again but he is worth it and our family is worth it. I did however tell him that if it ever happened again that he would no longer have a family to come home to. I know he loves me or else why bother coming home to me!? I hoped I helped a little. GL hon.
    Bamzakarat

Answer by Bamzakarat at 10:12 PM on Aug. 30, 2009

• are you kidding.. 4 times with 3 women and your trying to fix that.. come on hun have more self respect for yourself!
    peytonJJ27

Answer by peytonJJ27 at 10:14 PM on Aug. 30, 2009

• This is so sad,a woman has only been married for a year,and her husband has cheated on her at least 5 times,and now she says,he loves her,because he keep coming back,he keep coming back,because he knows he can walk over you,he don't love you,or respect you,also,do you care that he can bring home a sexual disease. You deserves so much better than this low-down dirty dog. And, to the poster,please don't take this woman advice,no one deserves to be hurt or cheated on 5 times.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:23 PM on Aug. 30, 2009

• I have never been cheated on to my knowledge. I don't think every relationship that is faced with a cheating SO is doomed to fail. I in NO WAY think that it is ok and doubt that I could forgive someone for cheating on me but some people can work through it. It really depends. Was it the first and only time? Is he miserably sorry for it and willing to do whatever it takes to save your relationship? And very importantly, did he confess to you because he felt horrible about it? It depends on so many things. If you honestly think that you can forgive him and put it behind you, then I say give him one more chance. But if you don't think you can forget it and you will continually throw it back in his face, it may not work out.
    Mommy0425

Answer by Mommy0425 at 10:26 PM on Aug. 30, 2009

• To the ANON woman, I posted the GENERAL details of my story. You don't really have a right to tell her to listen to my post or not. She asked for peoples stories so I put mine out there. It is something I am dealing with. Don't put me down for putting myself out there.
    Bamzakarat

Answer by Bamzakarat at 10:34 PM on Aug. 30, 2009

• You remember this and never forget it....ONCE A CHEATER, ALWAYS A CHEATER!!!! He will do it again, and he will tell you that he never will, but they all lie. Fool you once, shame on him, fool you twice, shame on you. The trust is gone, without trust, you have nothing.
    ambr2006

Answer by ambr2006 at 10:40 PM on Aug. 30, 2009

• JMO....It would be hard for me to forgive him. But if i wanted to give it another shot and give our reltionship another try....it would be really hard for me to trust him, i can forgive but can't forget. He would have to show me that i can trust him again and that will take some time. If he cheated on me more then once I don't think i can stick around and wait for him to be ready to be commited to me.
    funmommy123

Answer by funmommy123 at 11:12 PM on Aug. 30, 2009

• I have many people close to me that have been cheaten on the closest case has been my own mom...Its hard to go through but she got through it the trust never comes back tho..As a daughter i saw it as i want to see my parents grow old together as a wife i would see it as i cant take him back....But it definitly affects everyone not just the spouse....People sometimes say that they wouldnt take the person back but they have never been in the situation themselves but its hard to just let go of the lives youve made. Oh and i always tell my husband i would leave even tho i might not NEVER tell ur hubby u would stay with him if he did even if for the kids TRust Me cause they will take that into consideration.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:53 PM on Aug. 30, 2009