Super Sunday,Dumpster Diving! Would you trust your neighbors trash[gently used or not used,clothing,bedsheets,today it's looks brand new Christmas paper and gift bags in a ziplock plastic box or you know rubbermaid types.

Now if the same thing was sold in a thrift store it wouldn't matter right?But since it's coming out of the trash can,you start to worry.Could harmful bacteria or other diseases be living on these paper and bags.I checked the trash earlier today and they weren't there,so it had to be somewhere between 1 and 7 pm.My neighbors throw stuff out on Sundays the best time to find stuff.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:22 PM on Aug. 30, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I would go for it. They probably just throw it out instead of donating it to a thrift shop. I know someone who has gotten a patio table, wicker furniture, children's clothes, a clock, etc. from trash picking.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:37 PM on Aug. 30, 2009

• what
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 10:36 PM on Aug. 30, 2009

• My BIL got a section of blue carpet out of my neighbors trash today. Its a great way to save I guess. My FIL is bad about bring used outside toys from the junkyard. It drives me crazy but hey atleast now I have 3 of those orange and yellow cars one for each of my kids.
    crazymom21

Answer by crazymom21 at 10:54 PM on Aug. 30, 2009

• Yeah lately I 've found maybe never used it looks brand new Laura ashley and bed bath and beyond,bed sheets,and cloth table mats.I haven't washed them yet or do I use them for my beds,right now they are being used as floor sheets or rugs,since we have run down carpet.They threw a perfectly good clock away for the wall a beige Laura ashley kind.And the table mats are expensive,woven beautiful,one is a burgundy sage and pink floral rose print,it's been delightful having it for the computer desk.I washed those the other bed sheets no.Sunday is the day when people are home,relaxing,cleaning their house,going thru stuff and so far I have found at least $1000 worth of goods.Last few weeks I found never used maybe once Champion womens tennis shoes,in size 11,I wear 101/2.They are a crushed black velevet,with white shoe laces and I found 2 short heeled dress shoes,by mootsie tootsies,one in black the other in brown.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:03 PM on Aug. 30, 2009

• I found barely used slip on sandals in black leather by predictions and they fit me great.My neighbors down the street from my apartment,have been leaving free shirts for my husband,I picked up two brand new polo shirts for him they look great.I was walking by their house one [sunday] and I saw their stuff out by the curb.They also had some beautiful tropical pictures,which I took.I have found a letter desk around that neighbor I took home and now my daughter uses it for her homework table.Around the block I found 2 patio chairs,just sitting there for free.Up the street I found for free brand new almost white woven wood girls twin headboard.At my other apartment I lived in a rich area and I found 3 brand new european type oil paintings of various water and garden paintings,which add so much value to my house.I've been really lucky,but it doesn't hurt to always peep in the trash,that's what I do,it pays off.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:13 PM on Aug. 30, 2009