Have you ever left an item underneath the shopping cart and forgot to pay???

So I just got back from grocery shopping and forgot to pay for 2 capri sun juice boxes underneath the shopping cart. I feel really bad and told my Husband I was taking them back to pay for them. He said honey there $1.87 a box, I am sure people forget all the time. So it got me thinking....how many people have forgot to pay for something on accident? Did you go back??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:24 PM on Aug. 30, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Yes I have, and I did go back and pay. The profit margin at grocery stores is really low. Besides I would have felt guilty. Just me.

Answer by Bmat at 10:26 PM on Aug. 30, 2009

• I did twice, both times it was cases of soda, I went back and paid thou, felt REALLY guilty.
    JnCV

Answer by JnCV at 10:26 PM on Aug. 30, 2009

• I have and have gone back and paid for the forgotten items. It drives my dh nuts, but I can't live with myself otherwise.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 10:27 PM on Aug. 30, 2009

• I did it today! My DD was leaning on her new PJs in the cart at costco. Fortunately, the cashier saw it while putting the groceries in and we paid for it separately. I would have been so embarrassed if we made it to the door.
    Drewlove

Answer by Drewlove at 10:27 PM on Aug. 30, 2009

• One time in a department store I was looking at handbags and looped one over my wrist and forgot it was there. I was actually a block away from the store when I looked down and saw I was carrying 2 handbags!- mine and the one I had been looking at. I was so awfully embarrassed and took it back right away. (sorry, a bit off topic I realize. The question reminded me of this.)

Answer by Bmat at 10:30 PM on Aug. 30, 2009

• i do that on purpose. its not like its hurting anyone, big grocery stores arent even gonna notice if something like that is missing. but im broke and i sure could use to save that 10 bucks.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 10:31 PM on Aug. 30, 2009

• Ah well! What's worse ? All the poor Chinese people working for practically peanuts to make walmart products,walmart putting small stores out of. Business? Not a fan of shoplifthing, But I'm not going to go running back begging walmart forgivness over capri suns.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:32 PM on Aug. 30, 2009

• LOl the other day we were school clothes shopping at Walmart, and my son put a spiderman belt around his waist. So I told him not to forget when we got to the register. Well he forgot, and I went back and paid for it. I dont like people who steal, they make prices go up, and they make loss control suspicious of everyone.
    mumma28

Answer by mumma28 at 10:37 PM on Aug. 30, 2009

• Okay here's something funny. A certain family member has problems with people who get WIC.They can't afford formula. Instead they brag about going into walmart with their kids and putting diapers and formula under the cart,use their kids as a distraction and roll on out the door without paying for them! Wow...
    Steff107

Answer by Steff107 at 10:38 PM on Aug. 30, 2009

__

You should be ashamed of yourself. This is exactly why walmart pays their chinese workers so little. It is to cover their loses from shoplifters. And yes that is what you are doing. You are despicable!
    I pray that you are not teaching you children to be like you.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:40 PM on Aug. 30, 2009