First Nite... Toddler Bed!!!

Tonight is my 2yr old son's first night in a toddler bed.I let him get used to the bed, let him sit and play on it, watch t.v. on it, I talked to him about the "big boy" bed, repeatedly put him back in it when he got up (at least 11-12 times). And then i gave up and put him in my bed! What else can i do??

miya07

Asked by miya07 at 10:58 PM on Aug. 30, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• CLOSE THE DOOR AND EVERY TIME HE GETS OUT PUT HIM BACK...DO IT FOR A FEW DAYS AND HE WILL START TO STAY ON HIS OWN......GOOD LUCK!
    ELIZABETHSMO902

Answer by ELIZABETHSMO902 at 11:01 PM on Aug. 30, 2009

• We moved our daughter into a toddler bed a few weeks ago. The first night I heard her up a bit, but went in and put her back in bed. We didn't hear her, but when I checked on her before I went to bed she was asleep on the floor! Sometimes I think she slides out (it's only about 6 inches off the ground, and she moves a lot in her sleep), and sometimes I think she sneaks out and is playing and falls asleep wherever she is. Naps are harder than bedtime, especially if she says she's not ready to nap, but I kind of figure that at least quiet time in her room is better than nothing.

One thing that has worked for us, her bedroom has a bit of a corner behind the door. We close the door and turn out the light but stay in her room. If she gets up, we go back in and ask her what she's doing out of bed. She looks like she knows she's busted and hops right back in. After a couple nights of that, she hasn't gotten up at all!
    KArtz

Answer by KArtz at 3:40 AM on Aug. 31, 2009

• i moved my DD into her bed last night, tried the same to get her used to it, when it was time for bed she freaked.... She was afraid of the bed, so i ended up putting the mattress on the floor last night and im going to put it back in her room fro her nap today. Hope it turns out ok!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:40 AM on Aug. 31, 2009