How was your backache when you were starting labor??

I am just about 36 weeks, I have been in and out of L&D since about 27 weeks for contractions and such...I was put on Brethine to stop them, but since then I;ve been taken off of it, and my Dr. said if I go into labor now, she wont stop it...SOOO I am having BH contractions like CRAZY! But I cant really go by those, since Ive had them this entire time...I have been nesting like CRAZY for the past 3 days now, and its pretty ridiculous! Well now, that ive finally sat down today, I am having some back pain, but it is VERYYY low, and only on my left side...its like almost on my butt, like right at my pants line...not where your kidneys would be...I also feel kinda fuckny, and still having contractions...ive drank a ton of water and have been relaxing, but its still going on...sound like anything to yall?? Oh and I havent lost my mucus plug, and as of week 33-34 I was not dialted any....

StacyDeAnn

Asked by StacyDeAnn at 11:05 PM on Aug. 30, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I'd say Walk around it the contractions your having start getting Strong or are 5 mins apart for 2 hours go in.
    MrsCarlton

Answer by MrsCarlton at 11:12 PM on Aug. 30, 2009

• I disagree with the above poster. Although you are technically full term, the lungs can still be underdeveloped at this point so I wouldnt encourage labor if you can help it.

As for back pain... you could feel your kidneys right there so it very well could be a kidney infection. I never had back labor but i have been present in labors where the mommy had it. It was always more painful then their contractions and it came on strong with all of them and was all over their lower back. It could be back labor but I doubt it. It can also be your pelvic bone or your sciatic nerve.
    Jaydin_Makenna

Answer by Jaydin_Makenna at 2:06 AM on Aug. 31, 2009