Could my foot be still broken or messed up after 7 years?

When I was 11 (I'm 18 now) I took a corner too sharp and smashed my foot off of a bed frame. I thought it was broken because it bruised and hurt really bad for a long time. My mom never took me to a doctor and I just forgot about it. Well 2 weeks ago I was playing w/ my neighbors kid. I jumped, landed weird, and my foot pain came back. It's not unbearable pain but pretty uncomfortable, in the same place it hurt when I was 11. It's my last 2 toe bones... kind of half way up my foot(general area of the arch of my foot)

So I guess my question would be, if I injured my foot years ago is it still messed up or did I re-do the damage?
(I can't go to a doctor, I don't have insurance)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:09 PM on Aug. 30, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I was playing in the playplace at McDonalds, chasing my kids around, going down the triangle stairs, and I twisted my big toe and it hurt like HEEELLLLL!!!!! I might have broken it, don't know, never went into a doc or nothing....every now and then it hurts, like if I stand on it wrong. So yeah I think that if you never got treatment for it definitely might have some residual effect of the injury acting up now. Maybe there are calcium deposits or some other odd formation of bone, or something...get it checked out if you can to be sure.
    chavela_carlita

Answer by chavela_carlita at 11:52 PM on Aug. 30, 2009

• oh for sure.

I've had foot problems all my life, finally went in to a podiatrist and ended up having reconstructive surgery to put it all back where it needs to be. course I managed to rebreak it this summer so it hurts again.

the problem with foot injuries is that its SO hard to stay off the feet to let it heal. even being up on crutches puts pressure and stress.

I'd go see a podiatrist and get some xrays - then they can lead you in the right direction to healing the foot.

hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 12:33 AM on Aug. 31, 2009