My son is almost nine months old, but he has yet to get his first tooth. Has this happened to a lot of kids?

first tooth teeth baby

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:11 PM on Aug. 30, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My daughter was 10 1/2 months before she got her first tooth. By her first birthday, she only had the bottom two. Your baby will get them soon enough. :)
    MarleighsMommy

Answer by MarleighsMommy at 11:16 PM on Aug. 30, 2009

• You shouldn't worry unless he gets to 18 months and has no teeth. My daughter got her first 2 at the same time when she was 4 months old but her cousin didn't get his first one until he was 13 months old. It just varies from baby to baby. It'll be fine. Enjoy these days, once he starts teething you'll wish for these pain-free and non-cranky times.
    sadiesmom87

Answer by sadiesmom87 at 11:51 PM on Aug. 30, 2009

• my daughter got first 2 at 12 months.she is 14 months and still the two!weird huh? her doctor said his kid was the same way and now that he is older his baby teeth are taking forever to fall out and a couple may need to be pulled if they dont fall out soon enough for the big teeth.
    littledozie

Answer by littledozie at 11:59 PM on Aug. 30, 2009

• My nephew didn't get his first tooth until after his first birthday and even now at 7 years old his teeth are "immature" ( his adult teeth still aren't coming through)
    KalebsMommee

Answer by KalebsMommee at 12:36 AM on Aug. 31, 2009

• my oldest didn't get one until 9 months, and then they all came in around that same time.
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 12:44 AM on Aug. 31, 2009

• My son got his first tooth at 9 months - all of my kids have been late teethers, but they'll come in

Answer by missanc at 8:07 AM on Aug. 31, 2009

• thank you that is good to know.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:28 PM on Aug. 31, 2009