Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

what is the name of the med. they give u to stop contraction?? its a shot they give u in the hip.

Answer Question

Asked by babymama8787 at 11:49 PM on Aug. 30, 2009 in Pregnancy

Level 5 (64 Credits)
Answers (4)
  • Hmm... I don't know of this one.
    The one they gave me was Magnesium sulfate through IV.
    I thought all drugs for contractions - stopping them, were pill, IV or suppository... :[
    If you were having preterm labor that was inevitable, like mine was, I did receive once in the hip/ass that was a steroid for the baby's lungs to develop - that was called Betamethasone.

    Answer by K_Sawyer at 11:58 PM on Aug. 30, 2009

  • hmm i took brethine/terbutaline but i took it by mouth every 4-6 hours...not sure if they offer it in a shot form!

    Answer by StacyDeAnn at 12:09 AM on Aug. 31, 2009

  • the only one I know of getting in the hip is the Rhogam shot - if you're opposite blood types you have to have it.

    Answer by hypermamaz at 12:14 AM on Aug. 31, 2009

  • I had a shot of terbutiline a few times in L&D

    Answer by Jaydin_Makenna at 2:02 AM on Aug. 31, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.